Lori here, with a fun and simple way to create a decorative garden stake. I recently purchased a lavender plant for my back patio and wanted to add a little decoration to this potted plant. Later, while shopping, I happened to see a garden stake on sale and thought that creating a little tag to hang on the garden stake would make a cute decoration.
The Robin's Nest:
- In the Garden - garden stake
- fab lab craft - wood tag
- White gesso
- DecoArt Americana - Green Lagoon
- TCW Damask Stencil
- StazOn Pigment Ink - Piano Black, Koala Grey
- Club Scrap Inc. - Lavender Fields
1) Start with a wood tag.
2) Cover tag with white gesso.
3) Place stencil over tag and apply acrylic paint with sponge.
4) Stamp lavender images and saying with black permanent ink. Next stamp script with grey permanent ink.
5) Adhere Purple Mini Dew Drops on Lavender stems.
6) Edge tag with grey permanent ink.
7) Hang tag on garden stake.
8) Place garden stake into planter.
I hope you enjoyed this project and will try it for yourself!