Let's get in the holiday mood - make yourself some cocoa, put on a little holiday music and gather the following items:
Dew Drops (gold, red, pearl)
Glitter Cardstock (Gold)
2x2 Canvas (Canvas Home Basics)
Inks or Paints (I am using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Barn Door, Walnut)
Twine or Ribbon (cut to 30")
*Special tools: Cricut, Die Cutting Machine, Punches or hand-cut your sentiment!
Let's get busy!
- Using a Cricut, Die Cut Machine, Punch or Hand Cutting, cut out sentiment or holiday shape from Gold Glitter Cardstock (I used Cricut Font Candy sized to 1" to cut out my title). Set aside.
- Cover your canvas in red ink (I chose to let some of the natural canvas show through)
- Darken the edges with Walnut ink
- Attach your Glitter Cardstock sentiment / shape to center of canvas
- Randomly apply Dew Drops
- Fold your twine / ribbon in half, tie a knot creating a 3" loop for hanging
- Using a good, tacky, clear drying adhesive (I am using ScraPerfect Best Glue Ever) make a bead of adhesive around outside edge of canvas and attach twine
- Knot twine at bottom of canvas
- Thread jingle bell onto twine and knot again - trim any excess twin if necessary (I trimmed then frayed then end of my twine)
And there you are! The sweetest little ornament (or package topper!)
Thanks for stopping by the blog today - have a creative week!