I found this set of unfinished wood blocks at a big box craft store - the set was marked down 40% and then I stacked a coupon on top of that for an additional 20% - - love holiday weekend sales!
I knew exactly how I would alter them for my Halloween decor.....
- Fab Lab Unfinished Wood Blocks (scrap wood would also work!)
- Haunted House Cardstock (2 Sheets, you will use both sides)
- Diamond Dew Drops - Masquerade Mix
- Friendly Ghost Little Friend
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Black Ink
- Foam Paint Brushes
What I did:
- Paint edges of wood blocks with black acrylic paint
- Cut Haunted House Cardstock to fit your wood blocks, positioning design as desired - ink edges with black ink
- Cut 2nd sheet of Haunted House Cardstock to fit blocks (you will use striped side on back side of blocks) ink edges with black ink so no unfinished wood shows
- Adhere your paper pieces to blocks using decoupage medium and a foam paint brush
- Ink all edges of wood blocks
- Adhere your Friendly Ghost Little Friend to one of the blocks
- Adhere Masquerade Dew Drops randomly to all blocks
Craft Room Tip:
Rub a little vaseline around the threaded
edge of your decoupage medium jar -
no more dried on, stuck lid!
Thanks for stopping by - have a crafty week!