Shaker boxes add whimsy & movement to your projects....
I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan and recently made a pilgrimage to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter where I picked up a box of Bernie Bott's Every Flavour Beans (along with a chocolate frog) from Honeydukes.
The packaging from the candies was so charming and whimsical, I knew I had to incorporate it into my scrapbook pages. Since the Every Flavor Beans had a cello window, I immediately knew a shaker box would be perfect!
Here's how I did it:
- Gently deconstruct box with an craft knife, detail scissors and straight edge
- Choose the panel you want to use, along with a box flap to use as your shaker box back.
- Add 2 - 3 layers of double-sided dimensional foam tape along edges of your shaker box back (I always add a little Best Glue Ever to make sure that foam tape will be permanently affixed)
- Once your foam tape is in place, place a scoop of mixed Dew Drops (Original and Mini), Diamond Dew Drops, Tear Drops and a few sequins for extra sparkle.
- Add a few more drops of Best Glue Ever and firmly press your shaker box together
And that's how easy it is! I cannot wait to add this to one of my Harry Potter projects!
Thanks for stopping by the blog today - have a creative week!