Monday, May 1, 2017

Exclusive and One of a Kind Letter

Colleen here today to share an exclusive and one of a kind letter that I made for my niece.  You can also create an exclusive and one of a kind letter for a friend or family member.  It takes a little time but it is so worth it.



I started with a paper that her mother said would work in her room.  This Black and White Thermal Animal Cardstock worked out great for this project.

I laid the paper down on the letter and cut off the excess I would not be needing.  I did not intend to cover the back with the same paper but you could if you wanted.  I did wrap the paper just around to the back to make sure the sides were covered.

Next I used my own homemade decoupage paste (3/4 white glue 1/4 water) on the letter and then lightly misted the paper and laid in down on top of the letter.  Add your first coat of deco paste to the top of the paper and rub the top carefully and firmly to make sure there are no air bubbles.


Once the first coat had dried I then cut the paper and shaped it around the letter.  Once that is done I put 2 more coats of deco on it, letting each coat dry before putting on the next coat.


Once all the coats have dried you will be working on the backside.  A dear friend of mine always taught me when sewing that the inside should look as nice as the outside and I adhere to that in my scrapbooking as well.  I decided to use black felt on the back of the letter so in case she didn't want to hang it she could lay it down or prop it up.


I used The Best Glue Ever to put on the back of the letter and then made sure I lined the letter up with the top and side edges, it makes less for you to have to cut.  Once the glue has dried I cut off the excess felt.  Since I had no picture hangers in the house, I used my go to popcap tabs.  They are soft enough the nail goes in very easy.


Now you know me, it had to have a flower on it, so I used a sizzix die to cut out the flower petals and leaves.  I next layered & worked the petals to get the look I wanted and then added The Best Glue Ever to adhere the flower to the letter.  The flower was cut from Wedding Cut Outs Cardstock (backside).


Now just let it dry and your letter is done.  I hope you will give this a try.  Don't be afraid to try getting a little messy and have some fun.



Products used:
Pearl White Dew Drops
The Best Glue Ever

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the wonderful products at The Robin's Nest store and don't forget to check out the Featured Product.


4 comments:

Karen said...

Great idea!

Michelle Wells said...

Very elegant. What a great idea for this patterned yardstick.

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very nice!! I love it!

Tonya said...

Perfect one of a kind gift! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...