Hopefully you are feeling ready for Spring because I made this card using bright & cheerful pastels that put me in the mood for warmer weather. The Yellow Dew Drops are the perfect finishing touch for the flowers and really bring the card to life. I hope you will enjoy my step by step tutorial to create this sweet Springtime card.
Robin's Nest Supplies: Spring Stripe Cardstock, Pink Roses on Green Cardstock, Sun Yellow Round Dew Drops, River Bed Tear Drops, Dew Dew Glue
1. Adhere Pink Roses Green Cardstock onto a top folding square card base. Cut a thin strip of white cardstock using a scalloped edge paper punch and then adhere it to the lower edge.
2. Cut a strip of Spring Stripe Cardstock 1.5x5.5" and apply it vertically to the left side.
3. Stamp the bird image onto white cardstock using waterproof black ink. Use watercolor paints to color the image. Set aside to dry.
4. Stamp a second bird image but this time only color the bird. Then carefully cut it out and attach it with dimensional foam tape over the completely colored image.
5. Center a bracket shape die around the colored bird image, cut, and then matte it with a larger pink bracket to frame it.
6. Attach the matted bird image partially overlapping the strip of striped cardstock.
7. Next, fold pink paper daisies in half and then fold in half again. Now the daisy has four layers to create the profile of a daisy flower. Adhere a combination of whole and partial daisies in three distinct clusters.
Other Supplies: pink & white cardstock, bracket die, clear mounting block, N'wood Bird Clear Stamp (Trimcraft), Jet Black Archival Ink Pad (Ranger), H20 Waterbrush (Kuretake), watercolor paints, Scallop Edge Paper Punch (EKsucess), paper flowers, sentiment sticker (Anita's)
A Closer Look:
To purchase the cute papers and gems for this project, visit The Robin's Nest.
For more inspiring paper-craft projects from the Design Team, be sure to visit us at the
Chattering Robin's Blog and follow us on Facebook.
To learn more about our designer Karen, please visit her blog, Art & Soul.
Thanks for visiting!