I can already feel the hustle and bustle of the Christmas Season starting (I have to admit - - I like it!) Today I am bringing you another of my easy canvas projects - - I am obsessed with creating these 8x8 canvasses - - they are such a great size to decorate with for the holidays.
Let's jump right in......
You will need:
8 x 8 Canvas
Paint (I am using 2 greens and a white)
Let's get started:
- Using a damp sponge or baby wipe, blot your 3 colors of paint (start with darkest color) to create your background. Don't forget the edges!
- In the center top of your canvas, form a star using 5 pearl or white Diamond Drops. I added a touch of Stickles for sparkle.
- It's now time to create your tree with randomly placed Dew Drops and sequins. Use ScraPerfect Best Glue Ever and place wee dots of glue (believe me, you don't need a lot!) in a rough triangle or tree shape, we are going for rustic look, no need for perfection! This glue dries clear, and stays tacky giving you time to place your embellishments.
- In order to quickly and neatly add these tiny details to the canvas, I am using ScraPerfect Embellie Gellie - this is a must-have secret weapon in your craft arsenal! It gently grabs your embellishment, and releases when it touches the adhesive - - it is the perfect tool to go with Dew Drops!
- Rub a brown ink pad along edges of your canvas to "frame" your design
- Finish your canvas by attaching 3 Snowflake Glitter Die Cuts
I hope I have helped to get you in the holiday spirit.
Thanks for stopping by today -- have a crafty weekend!