The Robin's Nest has the cutest little treat boxes. They are called Friendship Wraps are pre-cut & pre-scored gift box containers that are ready for embellishment. Because they are made of sturdy cardstock, they are able to support whatever little gift you choose to give. They are simple to fold and assemble. I embellished a treat box in Fall colors which will be a perfect gift for each guest at my Thanksgiving table.
The Robin's Nest Supplies:
Tower Teal Friendship Wrap (3pk)
Leaf Glitter Cardstock
Red Snowflake Cardstock
Goldenberry Round Dew Drops
Fall Rub On
Dew Dew Glue
1. Die cut leaves onto the reverse side of Red Snowflake Cardstock. Remove the leaves and then use the exterior frame as a stencil. Place the leaf frame over the Friendship Wrap and use a sponge applicator to apply Vintage Photo Distress Ink through the openings. Carefully reposition the stencil and continue to apply ink through the stencil until you have covered the entire surface of the box.
2. Apply leaf rub ons to the side panels of the box. TIP: As the rub on transfer releases from the clear backing sheet, you will notice that the image has a cloudy appearance. In the photo below, the top half of the leaf rub on has successfully transferred and the bottom half is still stuck to the transparent sheet and needs to be rubbed.
3. Adhere a piece of Leaf Glitter Cardstock to the front section of the box. Stamp and heat emboss a large heart. Attach it to the top of the front side allowing the top of the heart to extend above the box.
4. Gently fold along the pre-scored sides and adhere the center flap to assemble the treat box.
5. To assist in opening the treat box, attach a loop of ribbon to the underside of the top flap.
6. Embellish the top flap of the box with the die cut leaves, a fussy cut flourish from Leaf Glitter Cardstock, organza ribbon, and golden Dew Drops.
Embellished Treat Box:
A Closer Look:
Other Supplies: Grateful Heart stamp (Recollections), Versamark Ink Pad (Tsukineko), Embossing Powder - Detail Gold, Detail Copper (Stampendous), Embossing powders - Pesto, Pearlustre Carnelian, Eggplant (Recollections), Heat It Gun (Ranger), ribbon, Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger), sponge ink applicator, Leaves Vine Die 656367 (Sizzix), dimensional foam pads
To purchase the supplies, visit The Robin's Nest.
For more inspiring paper-craft projects from the Design Team, be sure to visit us at
The Chattering Robin's Blog and follow us on Facebook.
To learn more about our designer Karen, please visit her blog, Art & Soul.
So glad you joined us today!