This month our featured theme for the Design Team is "All Boy" so be prepared for a landslide of masculine themed projects. I kick off our adventure by sharing my layout, Oh Boy, Bronson!
Robin's Nest Supplies: Boy Dot / Stripe Cardstock, Baby Boy Blocks, Water Dew Drops, Admiral Daisy Glitter Linen Cardstock (reverse side), Dew Dew Glue
Other Supplies: White Gelly Roll Pen (Sakura), Fine Tip Blue Pigment Ink Pen (Zig), small star paper punch, blue & white cardstock, 4 stars, 4 small cloud embellishments, large cloud (2.5x6"), vellum sentiment (1x4")
Photos: 6.5x6.5", 2x2.5" -set of four joined photos (film strip style)
1. Matte the large photo with striped cardstock (Admiral Daisy Glitter Linen). Cut a large star frame (9") from white cardstock. Place the photo appearing to emerge and partially through the star frame and adhere it to the center of the dotty cardstock (Boy Dots/Stripe cardstock).
2. Attach a strip of four small photos slightly overlapping the lower right edge of the main photo extending to the right edge of the background.
3. Adhere a strip of blue cardstock (2x5") on the left side of the main photo, as well as, under the photo strip (1x4").
4. Add the building block charm to the left of the photo strip. Use a permanent marker to add contrast and carefully color the raised embossed edges of the charm.
5. Create a building block embellishment by matting a white (2x2") with blue and attaching a star. Assemble a flag (3x4") by mounting a vellum sentiment onto blue cardstock. Lastly, use a white or blue gel pen to add faux stitching lines around the edges of the embellishments.
6. Adhere the three large paper embellishments in a triangular placement around the main photo. (large cloud, vellum sentiment flag, square block) Use a mini star paper punch to cut stars from blue cardstock. Lastly, adhere the mini embellishments and attach various size stars and small cloud clusters.
7. Finally, embellish the layout with a scattering of round dew drops in shades of blue.
To purchase the supplies needed for this layout stop by... The Robin's Nest
For more inspiring paper-craft projects from the Design Team, be sure to visit us at
The Chattering Robin's Blog
To learn more about our designer Karen and see more of her projects visit her blog,
Art & Soul.
Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon for more "All Boy" projects.