I always like to set my holiday tables with lots of varying heights - - I realized that I needed "something" for my Easter table. Inspired by Spring colors and Easter Bunnies - I created this super quick and easy cake stand for my table.
Let's get hoppin' (see what I did there?)
- Trace Smoothfoam Disc onto Bunny Cardstock and cut out circle
- Cut (4) 4 x 4 Squares from Bunny Cardstock
- Cut (3) 1 x 12 strips from Bunny Cardstock (one strip will need to be trimmed)
- Using a hot glue gun, attach paper to top of disc
- IF needed, using VERY fine sandpaper, distress tool or emery board, LIGHTLY sand edges of paper until even with disk (no need for perfection - we will be inking!)
- Repeat these steps for applying strips to outside edge of disc (trimming the lengths as needed) and and cube
- Once all paper has been applied and sanded, use ink or paint to go over all edges(or some - I chose to only ink the top edge of disc).
- Again using your hot glue gun, apply trim along bottom edge of disc
- Using a clear drying glue, apply dew drops to top edge of lace. I am using a completely random mix of Original Dew Drops, Mini Dew Drops, Diamonds and Tear Drops - giving my project a very whimsical vibe.
And that's all there is to it! It would be so easy to take this project in a formal direction using some of the other beautiful papers from the Robin's Nest -- I hope you are inspired to dress up your Easter table!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!!