Spring is just around the corner...and while we do not actually experience the 4 seasons here in Southern California, I associate the seasons with family gatherings and holidays. Spring is a time to renew and today I am bringing you a fairly simply project that would add a great touch to your Easter, Mother's Day or family brunch table!
Let's do it!
2" Terra Cotta Potcat
3/16" Dowel Stick
Smooth Foam Balls in 2 sizes
Ink pads (brown and black)Die Cut Butterfly
- Spray paint your terra cotta pot with a deep gray (to match Rosy Chevron paper) set aside
- Using a hot glue gun, adhere craft moss to 1/2 of the small Smoothfoam ball and to the entire larger Smoothfoam ball
- *tip there are MANY forms of craft moss at your big box craft stores - - choose a "flat" moss that comes in sheets - easy to work with!
- Cut your dowel to 6", using a deep brown ink pad, rub color onto dowel - okay to leave some of the natural color showing through!
- Die cut a large butterfly (I used the Stampin Up Thinlits Die) from the Rosy Chevron patterned pattern
- Adhere 3 pearlized Dew Drops to body of butterfly
- *design note - make it your own! No butterfly die? How about a bird or other spring icon. No die cutting machine? Cut your own shape using a coloring book page as a pattern!
- Cut strip of Rosy Chevron paper to fit rim of terra cotta pot and ink edges in black
Adhere Rosy Chevron strip to rim of pot
Using Dew Drop Glue, adhere clear Dew Drops in random polka dot pattern
Push dowel stick into small Smoothfoam ball through moss, apply a thin line of hot glue around ball and press into pot
Push larger moss covered ball onto top of dowel
Adhere butterfly die cut to top of "topiary"
Tie ribbon around dowel
Add just one clear Dew Drop on the base of moss
Think of how lovely a row of these on top of a strip of burlap running down the center of your Easter table would look - how about a group of 3 in different sizes...
Thanks for stopping by, hope you are inspired to create your own mini topiary!