Sometimes, we all need a little reminder to slow down, take a deep breath and be happy. This plaque can be your daily reminder to enjoy life's little moments.
"Don't miss all of the beautiful colors of the rainbow while you are looking for the pot of gold"
Let's get busy!
Small Wood Plaque (Walnut Hollow)
Acrylic Paint - Robin Egg Blue
Metallic Silver Sharpie Pen
White Paint Pen
White Paint Pen
- Using your die cutting machine, or hand cutting, cut out the letters "B" and "E" from glittered chipboard and set aside
- Paint surface of wood plaque with Robin Egg's Blue acrylic paint (2 to 3 coats) and let dry THOROUGHLY. Remember, this is a rustic sign - your edge does NOT need to be perfect - we will clean up that edge later! TIP: Use a BRAND NEW foam brush - - they are very stiff and make it easy to create a crisp outline - - I used 3 brand new foam brushes to paint my surface!
- Using the white paint pen, draw a vine doodle at the top and bottom of your plaque - - this should be a free hand design -- if you are not comfortable doing a vine, try hearts or dots! Of course, you can always use a stencil - remember - we are going for a "rustic" look and this is part of the message - no perfection! And the beauty of this step, if you do not like what you draw, paint another layer of blue over the top until you get it to your liking!
- Use the silver Sharpie pen to draw completely around your plaque, using your paint line as a guide
- Center your "Be Happy" glittered words and adhere to plaque (I used my Xyron machine)
- Using Dew Drop Glue affix clear Heart Dew Drops as an accents
- Display your plaque using and easel, or attach picture hanger to back to display on wall
Before I sign off today, I have to give shout out to The Robin's Nest Glittered Chipboard. I have hand cut, die cut with a Cricut and Cuttlebug and used my punches - - it is a terrific weight and I get a good crisp cut every time with every technique - you will see my love of Glittered Chipboard on many future projects to come!
Thanks for stopping by - - and BE HAPPY!