Frames are one of my favorite things to alter. I pick up frames from thrift stores, Dollar Tree and Michael's and then transform them! They make a wonderful and thoughtful gift. And remember - frames are not just for pictures - think about mirrors, patterned paper, fabric or even a 3 dimensional object!
I was inspired to create this frame by the women in my life who are such great and supportive friends. I went all out girly & glam (and there are lots of products in The Robin's Nest line that fill the bill). This project is dedicated to these women and I lift my glass of wine to them!
Frame (this wood frame was less than $2 at Michaels!)
Paint (I am using soft pink & white to create a shabby chic look)
Punch of your choice - I am using a chevron punch
- Punch enough shapes from glittered chipboard to cover frame - set aside
- Paint frame light pink
- Using a DRY bristled paint brush (not foam!) lightly brush white paint over top of pink, letting much of the pink paint show through
- Once paint has dried, begin brushing decoupage medium in small sections onto frame and adhere punched shapes
- Adhere Dew Drops using a adhesive that dries clear
- Cut patterned paper to size and insert in frame (this will serve as a mat for whatever you decide to frame)
And that's all there is to it!
Thanks for stopping by today!