The Robin's Nest scrapbook papers:(Flame Swirls,Honeycomb fleur, Glitter Numbers, Chili, and Herringbone
The Robin's Nest original dew drops:Tear drops
Square canvas 5" x 5" (altered canvas purchased from Value Village)
Crafter's acrylic Paint in Light antique white
Water based glue sealer
Sanding block (Dollar Tree)
Double sided adhesive
solvent ink in black
Punches/ Die makers Hearts, small 5 petal flower, and puzzle shape Butterfly 8 petal bloom,Large 5 petal flower Blossom
Glue Dots--/extra large
Instructions (or what I remember doing):
1. I bought this sad looking little canvas at the thrift store for about 50 cents. How could I go wrong? Well, it needed to be altered. So I first painted it over with a couple coats of acrylic crafting paint, and let it dry.
4. I glued the puzzle shapes onto the painted canvas using some Mod Podge and let it dry. (Sorry, picture was accidentally deleted :()
5. I dry brushed some more of the Almost white paint, pushing and pulling paint on and off with a wipe until I was pleased with the shabby look. I added some ink to the edges and corners.
6. Once dry I stamped on the face and added some colour with pastels.
7. I typed out the quote on my computer, printed it, and cut and glued(with my Xyron sticker maker) to some red card stock. I cut that down and adhered to the canvas with some liquid Tombow Mono glue. I chose this glue because of the different layers of ink, paint and papers.
Well I had fun making this project and I thought this quote by Helen Keller was appropriate. I hope I have inspired you to go alter something and make new art. Thank you for stopping by. Please, stop by my blog: Annmakes to see the other projects I am working on.