I know it's still a little early, but I can't help being in the Christmas crafting groove with these awesome Robin's Nest supplies! The theme this month is Black and White Christmas and I have been LOVING creating my cards! If you missed my special post sharing some TRN Christmas cards, you can go here. (And remember...you'll receive 20% off any of the papers in the monthly theme at The Robin's Nest site.)
I chose to work with the Snow Covered Glitter Trees cardstock for this card. I have always been a fan of the beauty of snow-covered trees and this paper is breathtaking! The second I saw it, I was inspired!
Here are my cut measurements:
I cut two pieces from the Snow Covered Glitter Trees to use on both the outside and the inside of the card. I also did that with the Red paper. I stamped the deer on the section for the outside of the card and embossed them with black embossing powder.
I added some Red Glitter letters, to which I added some Xmas Red Stickles to give it a little more dimension and sparkle. I also added some red ribbon and some Dew Drops to accent the letters.
I created a Poinsettia style flower using the red diamond shaped Dew Drops with a black Dew Drop center.
For the inside of the card, I mimicked the basic style and matting of the front of the card and added a sentiment using Versamark ink and white embossing powder.
- The Robin's Nest: Snow Covered Glitter Trees, Red Distressed Cardstock (reverse side used), Black Dew Drops, Red Dew Drops, Ruby Red Diamond Dew Drops, Red Glitter Letters
- Stamps: Christmas Cheer (HOTP); Forest Silhouettes (Sweet 'n Sassy)
- Other: black cardstock (Recollections); Xmas Red Stickles; red ribbon; Versamark; black and white embossing powders; adhesive
Purple Cows Co-Sponsoring This Month!Also this month, Purple Cows is generously co-sponsoring! So I decided to do a second card featuring a beautiful border punched with the Tonic Studios Vine Strip Pattern Punch.
This card features not only a beautiful border, but a very stunning Flame Swirl background (The Robin's Nest) stamped with gold embossed trees (Stampin' Up). Outline stickers finish off the edges and a sentiment highlighted with Dew Drops completes the card. Here are the measurements and supplies used:
I mounted the flame cardstock onto the gold cardstock, and then mounted that onto the black card base. I added outline stickers along the border and stamped the trees with Versamark. I then heat embossed them with gold embossing powder.
I then embossed the sentiment with gold onto black cardstock, and mounted that on the card with a couple of gold Dew Drops. I added a touch of glitter to the main star.
I have to say that those Tonic punches are rock stars! The gold cardstock that I used was fairly heavy and the punch went through it like butter with little pressure from me. I can't wait to get my hands on a couple more of these little giants.
- The Robin's Nest: Flame Glitter Swirls cardstock, Gold Dew Drops
- Tonic Studios Vine Strip Pattern Punch (Purple Cows)
- Stamps: Lovely As a Tree (Stampin' Up!); Merry Christmas (Katie & Co); Christmas Cheer (HOTP)
- Other: Black cardstock (Recollections); Gold cardstock (unknown); Versamark ink; Gold embossing powder (JoAnn's); Outline Stickers (Starform); adhesive
And stay tuned...The Robin's Nest and SmoothFoam are co-sponsoring an ornament blog hop here starting November 15th (tomorrow)! See the info in my side bar!
Til next time, keepin' it crafty!