Hello everyone. Welcome back to The Chattering Robin's blog, and my second monthly post for The Robin's Nest. Before I get to the project, though, I want to tell you about a fabulous sale going on this month. All tear shaped dew drops are 20% off this month. There are not only new shapes, but new sizes and colors, too! So head on over to the the store and stock up now. We are also teaming up with Mod Podge this month, so I will be using their Mod Podge One-Step Crackle Medium in one of my projects today. This product is awesome and I hope you will also visit their website to check out their line of products as well.
Today, we are going to play with die cuts and fabulous papers from The Robin's Nest. There is just no better combination, in my humble opinion. So, let's take a look at my first card.
Mango and Birthday Glitter Stars card stock.
|Close-up of glitter glue on body of butterfly|
8. Trim gray card stock to 6-1/2" x 9". Fold in half to make 6-1/2" X 4-1/2" card.
9. Trim Awning Glitter Card Stock to 6-1/4" x 4-1/4". Adhere to gray card.
10. Adhere leaf stems to card front, as shown. Attach butterfly with foam dots.
|Close-up of wings popped with pop dots|
1. Die cut both butterfly shapes from Mango and Birthday Glitter Stars card stock. (See photo 1).
2. Ink solid butterfly wing using white pigment ink, direct to paper. Remove excess ink with clean paper towel. (See photo 2).
3. Apply a coat of white pigment ink to inside of embossing folder.
4. Run Mango butterfly wing through your die cut machine to emboss. The white pigment ink lightens the card stock in the debossed areas.
5. Continue to add various colors of pigment ink to the high spots on the wings. (NOTE: Remember these duo daubers from years ago? These work really well for adding spots of color to your work).
6. Adhere open wings to solid wings. Cover body and wings with mini dew drops. Adhere tear shaped dew drops to outer edge of wing.
7. Die cut two sets of poppies from green card stock and scraps of Mango Card Stock for the poppy flowers. Attach the Mango flowers to the green flowers and coat just the flowers with a coat of Mod Podge One-Step Crackle Medium.
8. Allow the medium to dry. Heat the crackle medium with a heat gun until it begins to burn. It will leave this beautiful shadowy look to your flowers. Of course, be careful whenever heating your paper and mediums.
|Top flower unburned, bottom flower burned|
10. Glue poppies and butterfly to card, as shown in finished card photo above. Add foam dots to the butterfly for dimension.
The Robin's Nest Mango Card Stock
The Robin's Nest Birthday Glitter Stars Card Stock
The Robin's Nest Awning Glitter Card Stock
The Robin's Nest Blue Raspberry Glitter Sorbet Card Stock
The Robin's Nest Kiwi Glitter Sorbet Card Stock
The Robin's Nest tear shaped dew drops
Mod Podge One-Step Crackle Medium
Memory Box dies (Maribelle Butterfly) (Selena Butterfly) (Cottage Leaf) (Catillion Frame) (Prim Poppy)
Cuttlebug embossing folder (Paper Lace)
White pigment ink pad
Black archival ink pad
Twinkling H20's (Pink Azalea)(Sky Blue)(Sunflower)(Moss Green)
Inkadinkadoo News Print rubber stamp
Stickles glitter glue (Tropical Tangerine)(Walnut Stain)
I sure hope you enjoyed my cards and will be so inspired by The Robin's Nest beautiful papers and embellishments that you will stop on over to The Robin's Nest online store to stock up on those fabulous tear shaped dew drops and gorgeous, high quality papers and embellishments. I hope you will visit us often for more inspiration from the wonderfully talented design team. Oh, and just a quick reminder to enter their monthly design challenge for a chance to win a $20 gift certificate in their online store. How fun is that? If you would like to see more of my work, I would love for you to stop by my blog at Black Hole Art Studio.
Until next time, I hope everyone has a wonderful, crafty week, and thanks so much for stopping by!