Hello Crafty People!
Welcome to my Robin's Nest blog post.
Today, I've created a cylinder gift box for spring-time gifting, perhaps even Mother's Day.
ROBINS NEST SUPPLIES:
Bunny Stripe Card Stock
Pink Zebra Glitter card stock
Pink Diamond Dew Drops
Dew Drop Glue
Super Sticky Tape
"Summer" Punch it! by Purple Cow
ribbon, fabric flower
1. The base was 8 1/2 x 12". Score the 12" end at 2" and applied super sticky tape then cut "fringes" at 1/2" intervals. Apply super sticky tape to the vertical edge that would create the cylinder, overlap approximately 1" and secure. Fold the fringes to the center to create the bottom of the box.
2. Cut the lid: 4 1/2" x 12". Use the Purple Cow Summer Punch It! to create a lacy border. Trim excess triangles from the design. Apply super sticky tape to the remaining 12" edge and fringe at 1/2" intervals. Create the cylinder the same as step 1. Overlap slightly, be sure to check sizing so your lid fits over the base. Fold the fringes to the center to create the top of the box.
3. Cut four 3 1/4" circles from corresponding card stock to adhere to the top, bottom and inside each cylinder.
4. Cut the Dew Drop Glue into strips, apply to the lid and affix the Pink Diamond Dew Drops
5. Peirce a line 1/2" through the center of the lid. Push an 8" strip of ribbon through the hole in the lid and a fabric daisy with a Spring Stickers center. Tie a knot inside the lid so the ribbon is secure.
I hope you enjoyed this project. Thanks for visiting the Robins Nest Designer Blog: Chattering Robins. Become a follower to get updates, project ideas and inspiration.