Friday, April 13, 2012
Simple Flower Tutorial
Today I am sharing a quick an easy flower tutorial made with Teal Flower by The Robin's Nest. This technique has been used my sewers but I adapted it to use with these embellishments and glue dots for a no sew method.
You will need 4 of the smallest scalloped flowers and one of the medium scalloped flowers from The Robin's Nest Teal Flowers. And don't worry they have more colors.
1) Distress ink all of the small scalloped flowers and fold in half.
2) Place a glue dot in the center of the flat medium size flower and attach one of the folded small scalloped flowers as shown in the picture below.
3) Rotate the base flower 90 degrees and attach another small scalloped flower folded in half
4) Rotate again 90 degrees and attach a third flower
5) Rote again 90 degree and place the last flower so it looks like a closed box top (under, over, under, over).
6) Glue three of the Classified Dew Drops from The Robin's Nest terrifically tacky tape
7) Scrunch up the half circles to give them some dimension. Here is a close up of the finished flower. So much quicker and easier than getting out the sewing machine or thread and needle!
For the die cut detail, I added some of The Robin's Nest Mini Dew Drops at the grid intersections. This was cut with French Manor in taupe card stock. I cut the Fleur de lis with Sure Cuts A Lot inside The Robin's Nest Teal Stamp. And for a little fun, I put the crown from The Robin's Nest Paris Clippies on my nieces head. Please see below for a full list of supplies.
The Robin's Nest Brown Glitter Paper
The Robin's Nest Teal Stamp
The Robin's Nest Teal Dew Drops DD-167
The Robin's Nest Classified Mini Dew Drops
The Robin's Nest Cotton Candy Dew Drops
The Robin's Nest Teal Flowers
The Robin's Nest Glitter Teal Jouraling
The Robin's Nest Viva la France Rubon
The Robin's Nest Paris Clippies
The Robin's Nest Paris Bliss Ribbon
Taupe card stock
K & Company Classic K Margo Fabric Stitched Brads
EK Sucess Jolee's Botique Gem Bride
Paper Flower source unknown