Welcome all you crafty peeps! Today I've created a Paper Quilting Wall Art piece using many of the lovely Robin's Nest papers. It's quite breath-taking in person with all those lovely glitter papers.
ROBIN'S NEST SUPPLIES:
Discovery Girl Glitter Card stock
Glitter Gold on Creme Swirl Card stock
Glitter Pink on Pink Swirl Card stock
Glitter Silver Hearts Card stock
Glitter Wedding Swirl Card stock.
Red Glitter Paisley Card Stock.
Adhesive, Sewing machine with red and gold thread, 14 x 17" art drawing paper.
I actually only used about 1/2 sheet of each card stock except the Red Glitter Paisley Card Stock
for the heart motif.
1. Cut 2 1/2" strips and 3" strips from each paper, then cut them into thirds making them 2.5 x 4" and 3 x 4".
2. Using the art drawing paper as the base, place the pieces of card stock rectangles randomly and adhere. Use only a small amount of glue in the center of the pieces. You don't want to have to sew through adhesive :o)
3. If you are certain about the placement of your large heart, do not worry about empty spaces in the center. Work from the edges into the center. Let the adhesive dry completely.
4. Using red thread on zig zag stitch, sew along the edges where the rectangles meet mimicking a patch quilt pattern. Again, you know the center area will be covered with the large heart so don't worry about center areas not sewn completely.
5. Fold the Red Glitter Paisley Card Stock. in half and cut a large heart, as large as possible. Using the scraps, cut splashes. Large one is 3 3/4" x 1 1/4" and the two small ones are 2 3/4" x 1".
6. Glue the heart and splashes into place, using only a small amount of adhesive in the center.
7. Using gold metallic thread, sew around the heart and splashes.
8. Frame and display!
Thank you so much for stopping by the blog, I hope you enjoyed this project and it inspires you to give paper quilting a try.