When I received my supplies from The Robin's Nest, I was so excited to see the masculine rubons and the gorgeous paper. I knew immediately that I wanted to scrapbook a photo from a Cub Scout outing and The Robin's Nest also had Fleur De Lis', the Boy Scout symbol! Can you see the Fleur De Lis in the Fleur Autumn paper? Isn't this paper fabulous? I have to admit that I found it so beautiful, I did not want to cut it or cover any of it up! So, my solution was to layer in The Robin's Nest Fish Net perfect for a fishing page and it still show the cursive writing in the center. See the last post for another idea for this Fish Net! They also offer the Fleur paper in several color combos!
To make the page above, use the supply list and follow the steps listed below:
The Robin's Nest Fleur Autum paper (2 sheets)
The Robin's Nest Fishing Rubon (trout and fishing rod rubon)
The Robin's Nest Family Rubon (khaky swirl label under year)
The Robin's Nest Glitter Blue Chipboard (mat for title frame & center of paper flower)
The Robin's Nest Gold Glitter Stickers (year stickers)
The Robin's Nest Belgium Chocolate Rubon (Fleur De Lis' on label title)
Anna Griffin Georgette Collection Resin Cameo (cabage rose in taupe)
Cream Card Stock
Terrifically Tacky Tape
Blue Felt (JoAnn Fabrics)
Paper Flowers (Source unknown)
Button Paper Trey Ink (In center of paper flower)
Cricut Reminsce Accents Cartridge
1) Punch a small circle from The Robin's Nest Blue Glitter Chipboard and cover with liquid glass, set aside to dry.
2) Using some cream card stock and The Robin's Nest Fishing Rubons, rub the trout on to the card stock and cover with liquid glass. Set aside to dry.
3) Using an Exacto knife or other craft knife, fussy cut around the swirls in The Robin's Nest Autumn Fleur paper. Save the center scrap to cut the paper title frame below.
4) Turn over The Robin's Nest Fleur Autumn; you fussy cut, and adhere The Robin' Nest Fish Net to the back using Terrifically Tacky Tape. I found my liquid glue did not hold the net in place. 5) Layer the fussy cut sheet of The Robin's Nest Fleur Autumn (with netting on the back) on top of the plain sheet of Fleur Autumn.
6) Attach the Grossgrain ribbon and The Robin's Nest Velvet ribbon layered on top using The Robbin's Nest Dew Dew Glue.
7) Cut label for page using the Cricut Reminisce Accents cartridge at the 2" size. Cut the frame layer with the scraps from step 3 so that the stripe is the top. Cut the black out layer in cream card stock and ink the edges if desired. Cut another layer in the black out with the Glitter Blue chipboard at 2 1/4", using a deep cut housing blade. Don't have a Cricut, just cut ovals!
8) Using The Robin's Nest Belgium Chocolate Rubons, rub the Fleur De Lis motifs on either side of the title label, cut in step 7.
9) Using cream card stock, rubon on The Robin's Nest Fishing fishing rod and cut around, adhere to page, using The Robin's Nest Dew Dew Glue.
10) Using cream card stock, rubon The Robin's Nest Family Rubon khaki colored swirl and adhere The Robin's Nest Glitter Letters on top. Cut around swirl and adhere on top of the ribbon using The Robin's Nest Dew Dew Glue.
11) Cut blue felt circle and glue circle and paper flower embellishments to page. Below is a close up of some of the embellishments.
I hope you enjoyed this post and get a chance to visit The Robin's Nest Store for all the wonderful products above!