Saturday, May 28, 2011
Classic Glitter Swirls - Glitter Gold & Glitter Coffee Creme, both have a vintage stationary patterned on the back, which is what I used for the photo boxes.
Glitter Paws, Gold Dew Drops, Paw Sticker set, Discovery Girl rub ons, and brown velvet ribbon.
I used a 1" and 1 1/2" punch for the circles, kraft paper for the background, a auburn and cocoa ink for distressing and a pen for making cross hatching lines.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
But If you have been hopping you just came from Laura Fisher's Blog.
Now Here is my Christmas Card for you all. All paper and supplies are from THE ROBIN'S NEST
Did you know we are doing a Design Team call? Great way to get free product and be apart of a great team - Like this one!!!!! Just check a few posts down and see what it's all about.
Now it's time to go check out Carol Berns blog and see what amazing thing she did for you.
This layout was created and designed by Chelsea Harmston (O'Crowley).
I love these papers!!!! This layout is made with classic brown glitter swirl, brown glitter fleur, christmas trail, ribbon, clear dew drops, Journaling tag from the back of rub-on package, winebery white glitter. I really love these colors, brown is one of my favorite colors. This is such an elegant layout! This has been a good week, I have been able to get on the blog all week!!!! I'd love to hear from some of you, Robin
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
So I love Lindt Chocolate truffles!!!!! and item that is not available in Ethiopia, I am at the mercy of my kids and people visiting that we know. Products used: Glitter lips cardstock, glitter leopard cs, glitter journaling tag, glitter brown classic swirl, brown glitter letters. If I had brown dew drops here I would have used them too.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Whoo, Hooo, I got on to the blog today!!!! Internet is ify from Ethiopia. I am so excited to share with you from half way around the world. Animal prints have been a huge influence lately, I wonder if living in Africa has done this to me? This page is made with Glitter Zebra CS, Glitter princess CS, Glitter Viva La France CS, Glitter girl swirl CS, and pink mini dew drops.
Our love to our friends from Ethiopia, I will keep trying to post, it will just depend on how good our connection is here, it is on and off.
Friday, May 20, 2011
Here is a craft I hope you'll find easy enough to make for your self or your "Mom". It's a cheerful gift and fun to do!
You can alter a plastic lunch box like I did, or just make fun embellishments for your scrapbooking!
The papers I used are from the Robins Nest Collection.
Glitter Purple Flower
Swirls on Lavender
I chose these papers because they complimented each other and were double sided, which is what you want when creating these paper roses.
I used a Sizzix die, Flowers 3D
But you can also cut your own, using decorative scissors. Just make a 3" circle of paper. Then using your scissors cut a spiral.
Click photos for details.
Begin by curling the outside coil.
Keep curling the paper around and around. (It took me 5 roses to get my rhythm)
It will be tight at first, but when you have reached the last bit, then let go.
Fluff your rose with your fingers. You may want a loose rose or a tight bud.
On the bottom piece , add a generous amount of tacky or tom bo glue.
Turn your rose upside down and press the coiled end onto base of the rose. Press for about 10 seconds.
Then turn over and gently press your finger or thumb into the center of the rose, making sure the center base really sticks in the glue.
I covered the plastic lunch box with leftover paper. Inside and out. I also used some Glitter pink swirls on green paper for the leaves.
I hope you have enjoyed this project and will be inspired to create some easy paper roses of your own!
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
The Robin’s Nest is looking for a few awesome Papercraft Artist that can showcase The Robin’s Nest products!! If you LOVE Paper crafts and lots of bling and use it on layouts, cards & projects then show us what you love to do!!
We are looking for talented artists who inspire others to create.
What’s expected of a Robin’s Nest Design Team Member?
* The ability to showcase our products!
* Take good photos or scans of projects
* Interact with our members on facebook and our blog
The Details –
*The Robin’s Nest Design Team is for 6 months from July 1, 2011 – December 31, 2011.
* Create a minimum of 2 layouts/projects per month posting on both your blog and The Robin’s Nest Blog – dates will be given when team in picked.
* Participation on the Facebook is a MUST.
* Submit work for publication.
* Be a part of one Blog Hop during the 6 months. Date given at a later date
* Promote The Robin’s Nest by posting the above layouts/projects on other online galleries and blogs with working links to the store and blog.
The Robin’s Nest Design Team will receive -
* The Robin’s Nest products for your term, shipped in 2 shipments one for the first 3 months and the second for the other 3 months, participation will be rewarded.
* New Products release.
* Your bio and picture featured on our blog.
How to Apply –
1) Send your bio, blog address and facebook info to Terri@ultimatescrapbookretreat.com with “DT applications” in the regards (this way you don’t get deleted – I get lots of spam mail)
2) Submit/Post 1 project on your blog on June 20th by 12AM EST to be viewed. This post must have our logo (you will be sent logo when you send you bio to Terri Sproul) and step by step directions on how you make this project with links to The Robins’ Nest blog and website
Project – can be anything you love to make, Scrapbook, Cards, Mixed Media, Altered Art… Just Think out of the box and impress me…
Join our facebook and blog is a MUST and is very important to the success of our team!
All entries MUST utilize Paper if you can use ours even better!! Work submitted must be recent and can be previously published or displayed on blogs or online galleries.
Deadline to enter June 19th (12PM PST)
Here’s what to include with your emailed submission –
* We want to know all about you! – Your bio
* What’s your style?
* Why would you like to be on our team?
* Are you frugal, organized, have marketing ideas etc.. if so share with us what you can bring to our team.
* Link to your active blog and facebook link
* Are you active on any Forums or Message Boards? (Please List)
* Give an example of a class or technique you would like to share with others. If it is one you have done previously please link to it.
* Details of any other manufactures or store/kit DT’s you are on Do you have a scrapbook resume, or a link to a gallery, share with us.
Final decisions will be made on June 25th’sh and the 1st Robin’s Nest Design Team will be announced shortly there after!!
Monday, May 16, 2011
Here is a nice little album I created using The Robins Nest Products!
It's from their collection called "Calamity Jane"!
I started with a pre-cut blank Family album and proceeded to trace, cut and glue down the papers I wanted.
I added just a touch of distressing and some silver embellishments from my own collection.
I really enjoyed making this book and hope you'll check out the rest of The Robins Nest products here!
Thursday, May 12, 2011
All paper and sticker are from The Robin Nest
Dew Dew Glue
1) cut green and red dot paper to fix my cardbase 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
2) Cut Christmas Package paper to 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" - adhere to center of dot paper.
3) Remove "Season Greeting" from sticker sheet (do you see how many more you have left to use)
4) Use my Dew Dew Glue to add my Dew Drops to my card. We are done!
WE hope you become a follower of our blog and see all the exciting stuff we will be doing here. Thanks for stop by - now off to see Carol Blog and see what she created!
1) Terri Sproul – Blog: http://www.terrisproul.blogspot.com
2) Chris Hurley: www.stinkydogdesigns.blogspot.com
3) Cheryl Lindsay – http://www.cherlin-ink.blogspot.com
4) Laura Davidson www.lauraleesdream.blogspot.com
5) Amanda Marks http://ajsarts.blogspot.com
6) Debbie Buckland http://artycrafty.wordpress.com
7) Brenda Lee Burfeind: http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com
8) Angela Bodas http://www.midnightcrafting.blogspot.com/
9) Yolonda: http://www.craftyscentiments.com/
10) Becky Conley: www.beckyconley.blogspot.com
12) Leslie Rahye: http://leslierahye.blogspot.com/
13) Laura Fisher:http://scrappindaphne.blogspot.com/
14) The Robin’s nest: http://chatteringrobins.blogspot.com/ - YOU R HERE
15) Carol Berns: http://www.carolberns.blogspot.com/
16) Katie http://www.pggardens.blogspot.com/
17) Debbie Feist: http://debbie-feist.blogspot.com/
Monday, May 9, 2011
Wednesday, May 4, 2011