Saturday, October 7, 2017

How To Make Fun & Whimsical Mini Witch Hats

Hello there crafty friends!
Michelle here with you today 
sharing a fun, and fairly easy to make project 
just in time for Halloween.
Whimsical Mini Witch Hats.


These were made with the FABULOUS
Purple Bats & Pumpkin Glitter Cardstock
from The Robin's Nest.

http://shop.robinsnest-scrap.net/Purple-Bats-Glitter-Cardstock-gcpurbat.htm?categoryId=-1

http://shop.robinsnest-scrap.net/Pumpkins-Glitter-Cardstock-gcpump.htm?categoryId=-1

The design I used for the hats is a design
from my cutting machine, however
there are loads of free templates
available on Pinterest.

 Once I had cut the glittered cardstock 
I began shaping it into the cone,
securing the bottom by stapling.
I then glued the remaining area
together.


For the brim, I cut two pieces of solid black cardstock,
one to slide over the hat shaft,
and the other for the bottom. 
Some templates, show the same as my machine design,
tabs on the bottom edge of the shaft.


I glued the tabs to the top brim, 
and then glued the bottom brim 
to  "sandwich" the tabs in between.

The rest, is all about embellishing.
I cut bat shapes, then used glue and purple glitter
to mirror the bat design in the hat shaft.
Using wire, I glued the bats and staggered
them by length of wire, and secured with glue.


Each hat features bats & spiders,
coordinating with the hat's individual colors

I also used glimmer sprays on white tulle,
to make purple, orange & black tulle to embellish the hats,
and used satin patterned ribbon, and rushed black lace on each. 

The orange & black hat also features
a glittered pumpkin from The Robin's Nest.


The really fun part? 
The hats are now attached to slim headbands, 
coordinating with each hat,
that can be worn for Halloween fun.




Thank you for visiting today.
While here, be sure to check out the galleries
at the top, and find yourself inspired
by projects created with exclusive products
from The Robin's Nest.

For the cardstock I used in this project,
and so much more, visit 
The Robin's Nest online store at the link below.

Until next time......Happy Crafting!

The Robin's Nest Online Store
http://shop.robinsnest-scrap.net/main.sc













3 comments:

Robin O'Crowley said...

Absolutely adorable!!! I want to make these!

Tonya said...

Fabulous Michelle! <3

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

This is such a great project - they turned out fab!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...