Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Redefining a Silver Tea Pot


Hello Robin's Nest Readers,

Robin posting today.

Today I am sharing a tea pot that I have updated 
to a beautiful piece of art.

I started with a silver tea pot that I bought at a second had store.

I then added a strip of copper around the pot in 2 places.


                       

Here is the pot with the copper strips.

I have collected jewelry from different places, my broken jewelry
and pieces from my mothers stuff that no body wanted.

I pulled all this out and added Robin's Nest Products.

Clock 12"x12" CanvasStock  Crimson Mini Dew Drops  Time Flies Rub-on

Clock canvas            Pearl mini dew drops                    Clock Rub on


I also used   "The Best Glue  Ever"
and a cut out peacock feather from Gypsy Soul Lazer cuts

and here is my creation.





\


I was able to use so many different items on this tea pot.
The most important to me was the clock.  I really wanted it to
be the center piece of the  finished product.
  I display this tea pot in my bedroom on a
shelf of its own with other pieces of
my collected silver platters and
a sugar and creamer set.

The jewelry makes such a fun addition
to this silver tea pot, but the clock
is really what makes it shine.

I used a broken bracelet, 2 pins,
broken broaches, a key that I put
in vinegar and salt solution
to turn it a little green and used
looking.

Some of these pieces were put
on with glue dots.
That seems to work better for the
heavier pieces.

I determined that a glue gun didn't work,
even though I did try it.

The pearl dew drops added some
pop to the coloring on the pot.

This was a really fun project,
I have wanted to do this
for a long time,
but as things go in life,
it kept getting put on the
back burner.

So glad I finally finished it.

Really, it was done in a few
hours.  Most of my time was spent
gathering the items that
I wanted to use.

Have a great day!

You can find the Robin's Nest products
on the Robin's Nest website
to purchase.

www.shop.robinsnest-scrap.net

Here is the link.

Ciao,

Robin



6 comments:

Colleen said...

Very fun project.

Michelle Wells said...

Brilliant idea! Gorgeous results! Love it!

Karen said...

clever idea!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute! Cute!

Christi Conley said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love all the details and jewelry you put on it :)

Robin O'Crowley said...

Awww thanks ladies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...