Tuesday, May 30, 2017

How to make a quilted card using die cut hexagons





Today I am going to show you how to make a quilted card using die cut hexagons.  I love the look of patchwork and quilting but dont have the time or skills to create quilts so what better way to get the look than use your paper craft items.


I used the following items in my tutorial







I start by die cutting 10  purple hexagons and 7 of the Moss Green Glitter hexagons.


I am only using 2 additional embellishment, the die cut bike and a sentiment.


The sentiment has been stamped onto black card and embossed with white embossing powder.


I start by finding the center of my 5"x7" card blank and laying my first 3 hexagons on to it, I am going to use double sided tape to stick them down as it grabs instantly and wont move.


I then add purple hexagon around the green one to create a flower shape, I am leaving a small white border between each hexagon as it adds to the look and make the colours pop.


When we get to the edges of the card the hexagons will need trimming as they are to wide 


I turn the hexagon over and mark it with a pencil and ruler then trim with scissors


Again I have kept a white border at the edge of the card


I continued adding hexagons until the card was covered


I then added the sentiment strip and bicycle die cut. I love how fresh and clean this card turned out.

Thank yo for stopping by, you can find more of my projects at www.terrikoszler.blogspot.com

4 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

This a refreshing card! I love it! Great job!

Karen said...

Great idea. Thanks for sharing it!

Michelle Wells said...

I LOVE THIS CARD! So cheerful with the coloring. Great technique!

Colleen said...

Cute card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...