Saturday, May 20, 2017

How To Make Adorable Mini Lace Crowns

Hello everyone.
Welcome to Chattering Robin's blog.

Michelle here with you today to share 
the first phase of my latest project,
featuring products from 
The Robin's Nest.

I am creating a lace crown mobile,
to hang in my craft room.
The following are my first 3 crown's
that I have completed.



For this project, I used a variety of Venice lace trims,
glimmer & ink sprays, acrylic interference paint, 
rhinestone trims & fabric stiffener,
last and not least of these, I used a variety 
of shapes & colors, of the 
Robin's Nest Dew Drops.

This is also a collaborative project,
featuring Best Glue Ever
and Embellie Gellie, and Transfer Foils
from ScraPerfect.

The first step, is to decide how large 
you want the crowns to be.
My measurement in length is 6.5 inches, 
the half inch being for the slight 
overlap to hold it together.



I then coated each trim, on both sides
with a fabric stiffener, and gave time
to cure on both sides as well. Mine
took an hour or so. This will vary 
with product preference.

While in the straightened & stiffens state,
I then spritzed with metallic and glimmer sprays.
Drying each with my heat gun, to start
shaping the lace into rounded shapes.



Next, I used ScraPerfect transfer foils, 
very randomly burnishing them over 
the surface of the lace, 
to add a hint of shimmer.



Once done, I used Best Glue Ever, to 
add the embellishments to each crown,
including the RN Diamond Dew Drops & Original Dew Drops
as the "jewels" on each crown.
I also used the BGE to hold the rounded crown shape.





Totally loving the way the first crowns have turned out.
What a fun project this is going to be
to complete.


Thank you for stopping by today!

Visit The Robin's Nest online store
for exclusive card & paper stock, as well as
the huge variety of Dew Drops.





4 comments:

Tracy F. said...

These are gorgeous! Love them!

Karen said...

So lovely & a very creative idea too!

Robin O'Crowley said...

My granddaughters are coming for a few weeks this summer! We will make these ! Thanks for such a cute idea!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute! Cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...