Monday, February 20, 2017

How to use an embossing technique to unlock your skills

Colleen here with an embossing technique that hopefully will unlock some of your skills.

Here is what the finished card looks like.



I started with the backside of the  Princess Glittered Cardstock and picked out one of my embossing folders.  You will want to pick out an ink that will just pop on your papers.



I used white cardstock for the card and next added a layer of Moss Green Glitter Cardstock.  Since I love to ink my edges I inked with a soft brown along the edges.


Here is the fun part and the magic of the card.  You are going to ink the side of your embossing folder that does not have the name of the company on it.  With your ink pad make sure you cover all the folder by going back and forth and sideways, don't just blot it down.  You want your folder really covered with ink, don't worry, this ink washes off your folder.  Now that you have your folder inked put your paper with the right side up and carefully close your folder.  Run it through your machine and when you open up the folder you get to see the magic happen.


I finished the card up with a piece of glittered ribbon and a piece of chipboard.  Lastly I added pink dew drops from Daughter Mini Dew Drops and the saying is a sticker from Flame Card Kit.  The ribbon and Daughter Mini Dew Drops were adhered down with ScraPerfect The Best Glue Ever.




I hope you will give the embossing technique a try.  Thanks for stopping by.




Products used:

6 comments:

Robin O'Crowley said...

Love the embossed look

Tracy F. said...

Beautiful card! I love this embossing technique. Have used it often.

Charity said...

Love this idea! Many thanks!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Nice trick! Love it!

Bev Code said...

great technique..

Angela Tombari said...

Interesting technique, thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...