Friday, February 17, 2017

How to create a masculine gift card holder

Hey there crafters it's Terri here to show you how to create a masculine gift card holder.



Sometime finding the right gift for the men in our life is tuff, so then we opt for a gift card. Have you noticed how poor the selection of gift card holders is? That's why I decided to make something a little more masculine.

Products used;

Step 1 - Cut a piece of Plaid Compass card stock to measure 5" wide, then score at 4", 5",6" and 10". Crease he folds as shown below.


Turn the card over and add a thin piece of extra strong tape to the fold, remove the backing and adhere. This will create a peak.


Flip over and use a die to cut a slot from the folded peak


This is how it should look


This allows us to slot our gift card into place.


Next mat and layer some card with a piece of distressed paper. This will give us a space to write a message.


Using a piece of the plaid cardstock I stamped and embossed a stage in gold.


Using the best glue ever adhere the inserts to the outer part of our gift card  holder.


Now to make the closure I cut and stamped a sentiment onto the Plaid compass cardstock.


I hot glued a button to the outer side of the holder


Then added the sentiment with some twine underneath. This allows us to close it up securely.




Thank you for taking the time to stop by today, I hope you've enjoyed my tutorial. You can find me by visiting my blog www.terrikoszler.blogspot.com

Have a fab weekend.

9 comments:

Colleen said...

Love this, such a great idea.

Karen said...

This is a very stylish card holder...great tutorial. Thanks!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Great job! I agree with Karen about how stylish it is! I love it! Great tutorial too!

Tracy F. said...

Beautiful project and great tutorial!

Penny said...

I love this!

Robin O'Crowley said...

Great tutorial! Love this man card! Done very well!

Charity said...

So classy and that stag is perfect!

Bev Code said...

amazing gift card holder..love the combo.. great design

Angela Tombari said...

Wonderful Terri, thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...