I absolutely LOVE CanvasStock - - it is so versatile and can be used in so many different ways. I like to use EVERY bit of every piece -- and this book mark project is great for left over scraps! The coated CanvasStock is perfect for a project like this, that will be handled all the time.
Spa CanvasStock (1" x 6" Strip for each bookmark)
Azure Ribbon (cut to 22")
Hearts Dew Drops (clear)
Magnets (available at big box craft stores or Home Depot)
Best Glue Ever
Special Techniques: Machine or Hand Stitching
And let's make it:
- Machine or hand stitch around edges of your CanvasStock Strip
- Using Best Glue Ever, center Azure Ribbon along center of the UNPRINTED side of your CanvasStock Strip
- Fold Strip with Ribbon in half and score
- Glue Magnets to both inside ends of CanvasStock strip
- Glue Hearts Dew Drops to each end of Azure Ribbon (don't worry - Best Glue Ever dries COMPLETELY clear!)
And that's all there is to making this charming bookmark! What a great personal touch to include a homemade bookmark when you are giving a book as a gift.
Thanks for stopping by today - - have a creative weekend!