Friday, December 9, 2016

It is snowing outside

Colleen here from Michigan where it really does snow and it is winter now.  I figured since you can't beat it why not join in on the fun and make a winter card.




Supplies used:
Dinosaur cardstock
Hunter Green with Green Glitter Cardstock
Forest Tree Specialty Paper
Wedding Cut Outs Cardstock
Iridescent Glitter Cardstock
Metallic Gold Dew Drops

Best Glue Ever from ScraPerfect
Embellie Gellie from ScraPerfect

I layered all my papers and then when I put the Wedding Cutouts Cardstock on, the white just didn't fit so I added ink to get the color of green I wanted.


I used a couple of snowflake punches to punch out the snowflakes, the green snwoflake was from the Hunter Green with Green Glitter Cardstock and the smaller snowflakes were punched using Iridescent Glitter Cardstock.  I finished the big snowflake off with a Metallic Gold Dew Drop in the center.  

I used a punch to create the ribbon looking border and then backed it with the Hunter Green with Green Glitter Cardstock.  To finish off the card I made a little bow.  The bows are so easy and quick to make.

You decide how big you want your bow and then cut a strip of paper to that length.  After I made the first one I decided I didn't want the inside of my bow white so I inked the back of the paper.


Now put a little of the Best Glue Ever in the center of the paper and bring both ends to the center, hold for a second for it to dry.  The Best Glue Ever dies quickly and holds things in place very well.  Once you have it to that point, pinch it together in the middle and then wrap a very tiny piece of paper around the center and put some of the Best Glue Ever on the back to hold it in place.  While that is drying cut another smaller piece of paper and bend it in half, add some of the Best Glue Ever and stick it to the back of the bow.  Trim the ends of the ties and your bow is finished.  You can either add Dew Drops to the center of leave it plain.


Now glue your bow onto your card and you are done making a very quick, easy and fun card.





5 comments:

Michelle Wells said...

Such a beautiful card.

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Love this card!! The colors are wonderful!!

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

The colors of this card and the mix of textures and patterns are just yummy!
Love it!!

Charity said...

Great design and color scheme

marie-christine denis said...

Love this beautiful card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...