Thursday, November 3, 2016

Star Wars Shelf

Charity here from Scrappin' Chaos.
My son likes to collect Squinkies and other squishy pencil topper toys.
I used my Robin's Nest Paper scraps to give him a fancy place to display his figures.
With stencils and a bit of embossing powder this wooden decorator shelf went from bare to bazzinga!!!
Squinkie House
I chose scraps from Pumpkin Glitter Cardstock for the black paper and scraps from Red Rope Glitter Cardstock for the red.
 I needed just the bare cardstock for this project so I turned the glitter to the back.
To begin my project I measured and cut a full set of patterns for the rooms in the house.
I numbered them then cut the red and black papers to line the house.
I used a dot runner to stick the squares to my cutting mat so they wouldn't shift during stenciling.
Placing the stencil was tricky. I needed to make sure the seems didn't cut the image in the wrong places.
I dabbed the paper through the stencil with pigment ink.
I then dusted the red pieces with black embossing powder and the black pieces
 with white embossing powder.
To get the star-shift look around the Star Wars title I dabbed ink around the embossed letters, dusted it
with embossing powder, then used a paint brush to remove excess powder before heating.

To adhere the paper to the back of the shelf I used Super Sticky Tape from American Crafts.
Check my blog Scrappin' Chaos for a list of supplies.

Scrap On!

~charity~

7 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very cool project! Love it!

Michelle Wells said...

How cool! Clever idea :)

Colleen said...

Turned out great.

Tracy F. said...

This is so cool! Clever idea!

Bev Code said...

so creative and cool idea

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

I love Star Wars! Such a great piece -- I bet your son LOVES it!!

Karen said...

Crafting ideas for boy gifts. Wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...