Friday, November 11, 2016

O Tannenbaum! Christmas Canvas


I can already feel the hustle and bustle of the Christmas Season starting (I have to admit - - I like it!)  Today I am bringing you another of my easy canvas projects - - I am obsessed with creating these 8x8 canvasses - - they are such a great size to decorate with for the holidays.


Let's jump right in......

You will need:
8 x 8 Canvas
Paint (I am using 2 greens and a white)
Sequins


Let's get started:


  • Using a damp sponge or baby wipe, blot your 3 colors of paint (start with darkest color) to create your background. Don't forget the edges!


  • In the center top of your canvas, form a star using 5 pearl or white Diamond Drops.  I added a touch of Stickles for sparkle.
  • It's now time to create your tree with randomly placed Dew Drops and sequins.  Use ScraPerfect Best Glue Ever and place wee dots of glue (believe me, you don't need a lot!) in a rough triangle or tree shape, we are going for rustic look, no need for perfection!  This glue dries clear, and stays tacky giving you time to place your embellishments.
  • In order to quickly and neatly add these tiny details to the canvas, I am using ScraPerfect Embellie Gellie - this is a must-have secret weapon in your craft arsenal! It gently grabs your embellishment, and releases when it touches the adhesive - - it is the perfect tool to go with Dew Drops!






  • Rub a brown ink pad along edges of your canvas to "frame" your design
  • Finish your canvas by attaching 3 Snowflake Glitter Die Cuts

I hope I have helped to get you in the holiday spirit.

Thanks for stopping by today -- have a crafty weekend!

Shelly

8 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

So so awesome! I love it!!

Colleen said...

Fun project.

Bev Code said...

fabulous creative idea...

Charity said...

So many sparklies!!! Love it!

Karen said...

Wow, it looks great...love this idea!

marie-christine denis said...

Beautiful Christmas project💚

Lastochka said...

Wonderful canvas!

Tracy F. said...

Very creative! Beautiful canvas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...