Friday, November 25, 2016

It's all about the decorations

Colleen here with a fun and easy decoration to make.  It could be to hang on your tree, a present or make several and hang as an door wreath.


Top view:


Supplies used:
Scrap piece of green cardstock
Ribbon
Egg shaped styrofoam
Straight pins

Start with a 12x12 sheet of cardstock and cut them into 1" strips.  After you have cut the entire sheet take your 1" strips and cut 1" off each strip.


After you have them all cut up you will take your 1" square and start folding them.  Fold both sides toward the middle.  I gently folded mine in half so I knew where the middle was.


Now you are going to start pinning the folded pieces onto your egg.  You will be starting at the smallest part of the egg first and your first 2 pieces will be pinned at the North and South of the egg.  I used 2 pins for each piece of paper.  The tips of the folds should touch each other.  Next you pin the next two East and West on the egg.  Now you are going going to keep overlaying the pieces. Make sure you cover the pins on the previous row.



I cut my flower using my Silhouette Cameo but you could just as easy use a die cut for your flowers.  I inked the edges on the flower and then glued them all together.  Since I wanted the pinecone to hang straight I punched a hole in the center of the flower so I could run the ribbon up through the flower.  Once that was done I used a big white dew drop for the center.

I wanted to add a little bling so I made my own pearl accent using the Silver Bells Dew Drops, using the pearl dew drops and a thin piece of wire.  I hot glue the dew drops onto the wire and when ready to use I cut them into the sizes I wanted. I found using Embellie Gellie the greatest tool to add the dew drops to the wire without getting burned.


The final step for me was to add watered down glue to the flower and pinecone and sprinkle with glitter.


I hope you give this a try, it was so much fun to make and just think of all the different sizes you could make.

Please check out the Robin's Nest store to see all the wonderful products.




8 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very very cool!! I love it! I love your tutorial too!! Love love love!

Tracy F. said...

Very pretty and great tutorial!

Joanna Solecka said...

lovely decoration!!!

Robin O'Crowley said...

I so love this!

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

This ornament is amazing -- your choice of that super cool paper with handwriting makes it so classic and the red poinsettias! Just fantastic! I want to make one!!

Karen said...

Really great tutorial! Thanks

Charity said...

This ornament is over-the-top fantastic!!!

Bev Code said...

amazing design

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...