Friday, November 11, 2016

Christmas Ornaments

Colleen here with quick, easy and fun Christmas ornaments you can make.  I have always loved those scrabble ornaments you can make with the scrabble letters, well since I don't have the letters I wanted to find a way to make some.


Here are the supplies I started with:




 I started out by cutting up some chipboard I had laying around.  I always save all the chipboard that I can get, you can use them in so many different ways.  First I decided what words I wanted to use and that determined the size I cut the chipboard.


I then painted the back of the chipboard and since I wanted the back to sparkle as well, I added glitter on top of the final coat of paint.


I put the beautiful Glitter Cardstock on the front of the chipboard.  I used White Snow Glitter Cardstock and Silver Glitter Cardstock.

I used 3 different packages of Alphabet Glitter Stickers, red, white and blue.

Next I punched out little squares and used the beautiful Blue Glitter Cardstock, Green Grass Glitter Cardstock and Blue Raspberry Sobert Glitter Cardstock. The next step is to add the alpha letter on top of the glitter cardstock.  I wanted more of a winter look so I added paint to the edges.



Once the paint was dry they were glued to the top of the glittered cardstock spelling out the words you have decided on.  The final step for me was to add a bow to the top of the hanger and I used coordinating glitter paper for the bows along with Leafy Green Straw,  Aristocratic Straw and Rusty Rose Straw for the finishing touch.

Since I didn't have any red glitter paper I took the Silver Glitter Cardstock and a red Gelato and colored it that way.


I had so much fun making these and I hope you will give them a try.




8 comments:

Michelle Wells said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I am the "traditional" red, green & gold Christmas décor gal, these are perfection!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

These are two cute! Love them!

Karen said...

great last minute gift to craft. thanks!

Bev Code said...

super cute and fun creations

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

These are so great - - the painted edges are perfect touch!

Charity said...

Great use for the letters

marie-christine denis said...

Original, love this project!

Tracy F. said...

These are super cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...