Saturday, November 19, 2016

Christmas Magic

Hello Everyone!
Thanks so much for stopping by
Chattering Robin's.
Michelle here, bringing to you
my latest project for
The Robin's Nest,
a Christmas assemblage clock.
 
 
 
Want to know how it came together?
Here are the details.
 
First, the supply list.
 The Robin's Nest:
Gold & Green Glitter Chipboard
Red Rope Glitter Cardstock
Lodge Cut Outs Cardstock
Hunter Green w/Glitter Cardstock
Christmas Rub On

Forest Trees Specialty Paper
Metallic Gold & Red Mini Dew Drops
Green & Red Diamond Dew Drops
 
 
Additional Supplies:
Glue; Acrylic Paint; Metallic Medium
Micro Beads; Cotton; Glitter;
Gesso; Matte Medium; Cardstock;
Dimensional Dots; Metallic Pendant
 
I chose to use the forest tree specialty cardstock for the entire inside of the clock, and applied it with a matte medium.
 
 
 
 I applied gesso to the outside clock and the metallic pendant, followed by acrylic paint in red & in green.
Once the paint dried, I used metallic medium on both pieces.
 
I die cut tree's & swirls from the gold and the green glittered chipboards. I also die cut additional tree's and holly leaves from the hunter green glitter cardstock.
 
I chose to only use the Santa image from the Christmas rub on sheet, and applied it to off white cardstock. I then glued the image to the inside of the metallic pendant.
 
 For the outside of the clock's back cover, I used the red rope glitter cardstock as the base. I then embellished with red paper roses, a snowflake embossed poinsettia, glittered cotton
and holly leaves.
I also added the tree tag from the lodge cutouts cardstock, embellished with a dew drop & diamond dew drop made into holly berry & leaves.
 
 
To finish the inside, I cut plain white cardstock to represent snowy hills for the base of the tree's.
To give a more snowy look, I used cotton & glitter, as well as clear faceted acrylic beads.
 
I glued the decorated tree's offsetting the back tree's from the front tree's, and decorated the front with the gold glittered chipboard mini swirls, and some mini dew drops in red.
 
On the sides, I used matte medium and a mix of red & green microbeads, just for a little detail.
 
To complete the front, I glued the metallic pendant to the top center, that was embellished with gold glittered chipboard mini swirls, red diamond dew drops & metallic gold mini dew drops.
 
 
I then used the larger gold glitter chipboard swirls, on each side of the pendant, and holly leaves and dew drop berries to the bottom, along with a chipboard word "magic", from my personal stash.
 
Seems like a lot of details I am sure, but this was truly an easy project to put together.
And The Robin's Nest products were PERFECT to use for this project!
 
 
 
Be sure to visit
The Robin's Nest
for exclusive cardstock, chipboard, embellishments & so much more.
 

 
Crafty Blessings to You!
Michelle
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

Colleen said...

Very fun Christmas project.

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute! Cute! I love your fun details! It is do merry!

Tonya said...

Gorgeous altered clock! Awesome job! 😊

Charity said...

So many perfect details!

Karen said...

Simply stunning!

Angela Tombari said...

That's absolutely gorgeous!!!

Lastochka said...

Oh!!! it is awesome project!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...