Wednesday, November 9, 2016

A Beautiful Fall Walk with my Dad

AUTUMN

This is seriously my favorite season of the year!

Why, I don't know, except that I love to pull out
the hot chocolate mugs, sweaters, go on a drive to see 
all the changing leaves, and just relax
after a summer of weeding, mowing lawns,
tending the garden, and house fixins.

So to go on a fall drive is the very best.

The year before my dad died Dana and I took him on a fall
drive to see the changing leaves.  He said it was the first time that
he didn't drive the windy roads, and he saw so much more.

We stopped and walked to cascade falls, he in the lead.
I think this day really made him miss my mom.

After our drive and walk, we stopped at a Mexican restaurant,
he ordered chili realanos and loved each bite.
It is one of my favorite memories of our last 6 months with dad.


Here I am with dad.  Miss him!

I used this Robin's Nest Cardstock sheet.

Leaf Glitter Cardstock

I used both sides so I needed 3 sheets of this cardstock to do the 2 page layout.


I also used these embellishments from The Robin's Nest

Autumn LeavesOrange Glitter JournalPaisley Mini Dew Drops

I also used some Robin's Nest retired stickers, and velvet ribbon.






Such a fun memory for me!


Happy Fall!

Go for a fall drive,  it is the very best!

You can find these products on our website 

www.shop.robinsnest-scrap.com

Ciao,

Robin


12 comments:

Angela Tombari said...

Beautiful Page Robin!

Lastochka said...

So lovely work!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

I love your page! Nice memory of Papa :)

Colleen said...

Such beautiful and rich colors, beautiful page.

Tracy F. said...

Fall is my favorite time of year also! Such a beautiful layout and wonderful memory to preserve!

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

It's such a beautiful story and you captured it so wonderfully

Charity said...

WOW! So many layers!!

Bev Code said...

OMG love this combo..super fall colours with great design and accents

Michelle Wells said...

Abesolutely beautiful! Love everything about this design <3

Michelle Wells said...

Abesolutely beautiful! Love everything about this design <3

Karen said...

Fantastic!

marie-christine denis said...

Love this autumn layout, so beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...