Saturday, October 1, 2016

Colors Of Fall

Hello Everyone!
Welcome to Chattering Robin's.
 
Today I am sharing my latest project for
The Robin's Nest.
 
 
A small "nestling" tray, used as a niche' to showcase the beautiful colors of Fall.
 
 
 
SUPPLY LIST
The Robin's Nest
Glitter Leaf Cardstock
Brown Rope Glitter Cardstock
Metallic Gold Dew Drops
 
Additional Supplies
Fall Color Solid Cardstock
Leaf (various shapes) Die
Wood/Chipboard Scroll Design
Small Wood Tray/Niche'
Styrofoam Pumpkin (small)
Fall Color Acrylic Paint
Fall Color Glitter/Stickles
Copper Metallic Paste
Gold Metallic Spray Ink
Small Wooden Candle Holder
Stencil
Glue
 
I began with painting the tray and candle holder in a brown acrylic paint, then using my finger, I blended a copper color metallic paste over the sides, top, and frame in the back.
 
Using decoupage glue, I then added the Robin's Glitter Leaf Cardstock, to the inside base of the tray, and then used the Brown Rope Glitter Cardstock, on the back recessed area, and also on the front side, inside of the tray.
 
 
 
I sliced a small Styrofoam, premade pumpkin down the middle, and adhered it with glue.
 
Using fall color cardstock, I die cut various shaped leaves, brushing each one with ink around the edges, metallic paste, and then glitter.
 
To give a bit more definition, I used a diamond shaped stencil, along with the metallic paste, and a pouncing sponge technique, gave subtle definition to the outside sides of the tray.
 
 
 
I also painted the wooden scroll design with brown paint, and glazed with metallic paste. 
 
 
 
To finish, I clustered tricolor leaves to add to each side of the pumpkin, and dimensional adhesive dots, to give the appearance of falling leaves to the inside of the tray.
 
Lastly, I added Robin's Nest Metallic Gold Dew Drops to the front edges of the tray & scroll, once set, I also glued the scroll to the top facing edge, and the candle holder to the bottom.
 
 
Seems detailed, I wanted to capture the very essence of fall beauty in which I am surrounded by this time of year.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Be sure to visit again soon, and see the many beautiful projects by the amazing Robin's Nest
design team.
 
 
 
Visit The Robin's Nest online store, for unique paper crafting paper, bling, embellishments and so much more!
  
 
 Crafty Blessings!
   
 
 

12 comments:

marie-christine denis said...

Beautiful autumn project!

Colleen said...

Great project.

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very pretty!

Tonya said...

Gorgeous altered tray! Awesome job 💖

Michelle Wells said...

Thank you so much marie-christine

Michelle Wells said...

Thank you Colleen

Michelle Wells said...

Thank You very much

Michelle Wells said...

Thank You so much Tonya

Michelle Wells said...

Thank You so much Tonya

Tracy F. said...

Beautiful fall project!

Angela Tombari said...

Love it, it gives a feeling of warmth

Charity said...

Wonderful work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...