Saturday, September 17, 2016

Something "SPOOKTACULAR"


 
Hello Everyone!
Thank you for stopping by Chattering Robin’s today!
I was so excited to learn that this month’s theme for The Robin’s Nest design team is “Oh So Scary”, and when I first laid eyes upon the Spiderweb Glitter Cardstock, I knew instantly I just had to create something “SPOOKTACULAR”.
 
First, the supply lists:
 THE ROBIN’S NEST SUPPLIES
Spiderweb Glitter Cardstock
Dew Drops
Diamond Dew Drops
Friendly Ghost Little Friend
 ADDITIONAL SUPPLIES USED
Cardboard
Solid Cardstock
Handmade Paper Flowers
Paperclay Embellishments
Cheese Cloth
Distress Ink
Beacon 3n1 Glue
Glitter
Duct Tape
Box Feet
 I began my project, building a 5x4 ½ inch block from sturdy cardboard, to showcase the full spiderweb design of the cardstock, assembling each piece together with heavy duty duct tape.
 
 
 In staying with spooky theme, I die-cut solid red and black cardstocks, to further showcase the theme, in a grand style window, spiders, bats, black cat, and even “drippy” blood, to overlap the top of the block.
 
I added definition to the dripping with Distress Ink and clear embossing powder, heat set, and using DecoArt Media Matte Medium, on the top portions of the bats, cat & spiders, to set black glitter.
 
 
 I wanted to add more definition to the spiderwebs, so I added Dew Drops to the web design. I also used Tear Drops in red to add interest to the candles of the candelabra, and Diamond Dew Drops in black and white, to the window design.
 



 
The skull, and the brain under the dome, I sculpted from paper clay, and the haunting image in the frame, I found on Pinterest.
 
 

 
 
 The final touches, came in with cheese cloth, paper flowers, and of course The Robin’s Nest Friendly Ghost Little Friend, floating just outside the window.
 

 
 This project was so much fun to create, and the first I have created using a great variety of the Dew Drops shapes and colors available exclusively from The Robin's Nest.

 
 
 
 I hope you enjoy this project and tutorial, and please be sure to view the many SPECTACULAR projects here by the talented, Robin’s Nest Design Team!

 
 For unique paper, cardstock and embellishments and more, be sure to visit The Robin’s Nest online
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...