Friday, September 9, 2016

Nevermore - Halloween Canvas

Raise your hand if you love Halloween and all of the fabulous decorations!  I have both of my hands raised sky high! 

I adore Halloween and go all out with inside and outside decor at my house.

But alas...we haven't had a Trick or Treater in years.... the neighborhood kids all grew up!  But that doesn't stop my fun with this holiday.

I am back with another mini canvas that is so easy to create


 Let's get started!

Gather:

Sequins
Black Ink Pad
Acrylic Paint in 3 colors (I am using Tangerine, Calypso Orange and Chalky Finish White)
8x8 Canvas
Raven coloring page (downloaded from Google Image Search)

Special Tools:  Sponge

And here we go....

-using a damp sponge, apply paint (start with darkest color) in a "blotting" motion - - leaving some of the canvas to show through.  Repeat with other 2 colors, creating a mottled look


-tape your coloring page pattern to Pumpkin Heads Cardstock and cut out.  Use black ink pad to darken up all edges


-glue Raven to your canvas & glue black Dew Drop as his eye

-glue Alpha Glitter Stickers to canvas to spell out "Nevermore" (while these already come with an adhesive back, I added some additional liquid glue since I was attaching to this textured and painted surface)

-apply additional Dew Drops in multiple colors along with sequins in "clusters"

-rub your black ink pad along edges of your canvas for a "finished" look

Your canvas is now ready to display on its own, on an easel or even hanging from a black ribbon.


Thanks for stopping by today - have a creative weekend!


9 comments:

Colleen said...

Very cool Shelly.

Michelle Wells said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE THIS!!

Michelle Wells said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE THIS!!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Great idea! Love it!

Phillis Walrath said...

Love it

marie-christine denis said...

Love it, so beautiful!

Tracy F. said...

Love this!

Michelle Wells said...

Love this Shelly! Love that chilling Halloween tale too, great project!

Charity said...

love this Poe themed project!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...