Friday, September 23, 2016

Halloween Dresser

Colleen here with a little tabletop dresser I made for Halloween decor.



With some of the drawers open, to show that you could actually use this dresser to hide little items in.

I started with Pumpkin Heads cardstock and cut out 8 matchboxes.  You can find a pattern on the internet (here is one you could use http://www.ruthannzaroff.com/mirkwooddesigns/matchbox.htm), after cutting out the matchboxes you just put them together and glue one on top of another.  You could make this dresser wider or shorter, it is up to you.  I did ink around all the edges.  I used Silver Bells Dew Drops on the edges for trim.  The little dresser pulls are just links I had laying around and I used an old punch to punch out the backing for the links.  I punched them from white cardstock and inked them silver and then used a needle to punch the holes so the links would go in and look like they are attached.
Now it is time to decorate the top and this is just up to your imagination as how you want to decorate.  I used and old wooden spool and made the candle out of paper and used a little piece of the Orange Crush Ribbon and a black drew drop to finish it off.  An old bottle cap was used to serve as a tray or in my dresser it holds a clock, there is a punched out small spider.  The back of the dresser was  made using Halloween Sticker


 Finally on the sides I used a die cut to cut out the cogs and embossed them with silver embossing powder. 

This is something you can keep year to year or give it to a special person filled with little treasurers.

You can find some many wonderful papers and products in The Robin's Nest store, please take the time to check it out.

4 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

This is such a cool piece! I love it!

Tracy F. said...

Love this!

marie-christine denis said...

Waou!!!! Stunning project!

Charity said...

This project is amazing...I love every detail!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...