I have chosen a paper mache book box to create a fun place to stash your Halloween treats.
So let’s get started….
Paper Mache Book BoxHaunted House Cardstock (using striped side)
Spider Web Glitter Cardstock
Small scrap of any purple cardstock
Purple Diamond Drops
Orange and Clear Original Dew Drops
Red Heart Dew Drop
“Witches Dust” Die Cuts – Spider & Title (recollections, Michael’s)
Paint: Matte Black (I used a spray paint)
Chalky White (DecoArt)
Ink – Smooches by Clearsnap – Silver
- Paint entire box black (don’t forget inside lid!)
- Using a DRY paint brush, brush Chalky White paint in one direction on sides of box to mimic book pages
- Use the silver Smooch to paint book spine details
- Cut Spider Web Glitter CS to 5x8 and glue to top of box
- Cut Haunted House CS to 5 x 2 ½ and glue to bottom have of Spider Web CS
- Cut 2nd Piece of Haunted House CS to 4 x 7 and glue to inside of box lid
- Using a scrap of purple cardstock, cut to 5 x ½ and glue to top edge of Haunted House CS on top of box
- Glue Purple Diamond Drops along center of your purple CS strip and Clear Dew Drops to center of spider webs
- Attach foam pop dots to backside of your die cuts, flip over and add Red Heart Dew Drop to body of spider die cut and some randomly placed Orange Dew Drops to your title
- Attach the spider to inside lid and title to top of box
- If desired, add a Halloween inspired sticker or die cut to spine of your book
FILL WITH CANDY AND ENJOY!
Wishing you a spooky October! Thanks for stopping by and have a creative weekend!