Friday, August 5, 2016

Vintage Inspired Trinket Box

Hello Everyone! I am so happy to bringing to you my latest project for The Robin's Nest.
 
I have found lately that I am running short of storage for "little trinkets" of sorts, and I wanted something other than jars or plastic containers. So, with selections of BEAUTIFUL paper and dew drops from TRN, and the aid of my trusty Cameo, I now have a pretty solution, a vintage inspired box with dividers.
 
SUPPLY LIST:
Daisy Stripe Teal Cardstock
Moss Green Glitter Cardstock
Metallic Gold Dew Drops
Beaches Dew/Tear Drops
(Pearl Gold from collection)
 
ADDITIONAL SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
Tim Holtz Distress Inks & Metallic Sprays
Scor Tape
Ranger Distressing Tool
Adhesive Foam Dots
Beacon 3in1 Glue
Solid Cardstock
Handmade Paper Flowers
Embossing Folder
Die Cut Paper Shapes
 
After making my selection of TRN cardstock and dew drops, I used solid cardstock to cut the design of the box, dividers and box feet.
 
 
Once assembled, I then distressed the edges with tool and with distress ink, of the cut Robin's Nest selected cardstock.
 
 
I then adhered the finished Robin's Nest cardstock with Scor Tape on the top and sides of the box lid, and to the bottom of the box base.
 
As for the base of the box, I assembled with the dividers inside, using Scor Tape to secure them,  I also assembled the feet, sprayed with TH Distress Ink Spray (gold) and glued the box feet to the base bottom.
 
 
I finished the lid top and sides with embossed cardstock shapes, enhanced with
Perfect Pearls in gold, and lightly distressed edges with ink. I also added handmade flowers, in clusters , small on the front and back of the box, and a larger flower with 2 smaller flower cluster to the top.
 
 
The Robin's Nest Dew Drops, adds just the right bit of glitz to my design.
 
The inside of the box.
 
 
 
I must say, I am thrilled with the finished box, much prettier than any plastic storage or jar could be in my craft room.
 
Thanks for looking!
Crafty Blessings!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
                                              


 

11 comments:

Karen said...

Delicate & sweet!

Colleen said...

Beautiful, love the vintage feel to it.

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very cute!! I love the feet too! Great colors!

Tracy F. said...

This is beautiful! I need one of these!

Michelle Wells said...

Thank you all so very much!

Amy Love said...

so very pretty!

Charity said...

Those hand made flowers are brilliant!

Kimmie Kay N said...

Love this project Michelle, fabulous!

Angela Tombari said...

Woow! It's absolutley wonderful!

Michelle Wells said...

Thank You so much everyone!

Robin O'Crowley said...

Lovely box!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...