Friday, August 26, 2016

Clearance Bin Makeover (clipboard frame)

I am constantly digging through the clearance bins at ANY store I go to - you just never know what you might find.  The other day at Michael's, I picked up an ugly clipboard standing frame twice and set it down twice - walked away.  Then the light bulb went off - I CAN make this PRETTY!  So I snatched it up for under $5.00


It so easy to re-make small home decor items using The Robin's Nest products - - you just need to keep an open mind when rummaging through those clearance bins!  Just remember how easy it is to use paint, paper and embellishments from The Robin's Nest to re-imagine an item!

And in keeping with our Girl Power theme this month - I re-imagined this piece in a classic black & white animal print - - because EVERY girl's decor can benefit from a dash of animal print & bling!

You know how I work -- let's start by gathering:

An ugly clearance bin find (Clipboard Frame from Michael's)

First - remove clip from frame.  Spray paint clipboard frame black


Cut Zebra Print Cardstock to fit your frame and adhere (my piece is 6 x 9).  And let's just take a little aside on this "Thermal Animal Print Cardstock" - - it has a great weight and feel (the pattern is very "slick" with a hint of glitter - - I would almost compare it to a vinyl - - but it's paper - - thick, yet pliable and it is PERFECT for projects like this!)



Now re-attach your clip (which I also spray painted a solid black)

Next - add your Dew Drops and Sequins to add some glitz

Add some "straw" to your clip



And that's all there is to it - - really, the star of this project is the Thermal Cardstock - - try it on your next project!

Shelly



10 comments:

Karen said...

Great rescue! Love the zebra print too!

Colleen LoVette said...

It turned out great and a great idea.

marie-christine denis said...

Good idea, beautiful project!

marie-christine denis said...

Good idea, beautiful project!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute!! I love how it turned out!

Charity said...

Love that pattern!

Michelle Wells said...

LOVE THIS! I love doing those "clearance bin" rescue's to ;)

Tracy F. said...

Great upcycling project!

Angela Tombari said...

I love this idea!

Bev Code said...

awesome project... super cool pattern

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...