Friday, August 19, 2016

A GIRL’S WORLD CARD

 
Hello Everyone, Michelle here. It is such a pleasure to be bringing to you, my newest project for The Robin’s Nest design team.  Our theme this month is “Girly Girl”, and while I do not have a daughter of my own, I have been blessed with many nieces, and even more blessed to be a part of their world, which was the key influence for this project.
My project reflects just that, a Girl’s World. From toddler to wedding day, the dreams of a girl, are displayed by silhouettes of her journey.  A card to simply celebrate a girl.
In keeping it girly I selected 3 girly designed cardstocks exclusively from The Robin’s Nest store, Rosy Diamond, Girly Swirl Glittered & Glitter Little Girl Crown.
 
 
ADDITIONAL SUPPLIES
 Dimensional Adhesive Dots
Distress Ink
Embossing Powder
  Texture Embossing Folder
Solid Cardstock
                                          Glitter                                   
   Clear Liquid Glue
         Selections from The Robin’s Nest Dew Drop Collections,
        Silver Bells pearl, Silver Bells pearl, Diamond Dew Drops clear,
   Hearts Dew Drops clear
The Robin’s Nest Glitter Journal Card (Pink)
  Coordinating Ribbon
  Coordinating Floral Embellishment
 

The base of the card, is a dressing screen design, for which I used the Rosy Diamond paper as the base. I chose a French script stamp, distress ink in Tattered Rose and baby pink embossing powder, to add a hint of “story” to the diamond background, as if it were a journal entry.
 
 

I chose the diamond side of the cardstock for the front/outside of the card, which just happens to be one of this girls FAVORITE color combo’s, brown & pink. I then die cut scalloped backgrounds to be used in a layering frame effect. The base layer, I chose the Glitter Little Girl Crown cardstock.  The smaller of the two layers, I used baby pink cardstock embossed with a texture plate, followed by using some white gelato, to make the embossed texture stand out. I finished the front of the card with silhouettes cut from a solid dark chocolate paper, also using dimensional dots to add yet another layer.
 
In staying with a crown theme, I used cut paper heart crowns, with pink chunky glitter, diamond dew drops, and heart dewdrops to embellish the cardstock crown’s and the front/outside of the card.
On the inside of the card, I added the Glitter Journal Card, scored and cut to bend while the card is on display. I also used the chunky glitter to the “crown” area at the top of the inside, and to the handmade paper flowers, then finishing ALL flowers with pearl white Dew Drops.
 
The finishing touch, a sheer sparkled ribbon, to close the card, when giving.
 
 
The card displayed.
 
 
Thank You for stopping by, and while you are here, please be sure to view all the other FABULOUS projects by the UBERLY talented Robin’s Nest design team. Stop by The Robin’s Nest Store. For beautiful and exclusive products, for your paper crafting needs.
Crafty Blessings To You! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
                                                                    
 
 
 
 
                               
           
                                   
 
 
 

 
 
 


 

13 comments:

Kimmie Kay N said...

Fabulous card, I love the concept!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very cute!! I love your idea!

Liz Gonzalez Walker said...

Michelle, I so love the card! You are so creative. Like I've told you before, I live vicariously through you when it comes to crafts :-)

Amanda Rhodes said...

What a great card, Michelle! I love it!

Frankie Flexter said...

Love this card Michelle. You are so creative, and you put so much thought into your work.

Michelle Wells said...


Thank You everyone, so very much!

Charity said...

Love the crown theme!

Karen said...

Great die cuts. Love the concept!

Tracy F. said...

This is just so creative and very pretty! I love the crowns along the top!

Angela Tombari said...

Wow Michelle, you're so versatile! Great project, great card!

Bev Code said...

amazing design.. cool card

Michelle Wells said...

Thank You so much ladies.

Michelle Wells said...

Thank You so much ladies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...