Friday, July 1, 2016

THE ADVENTURES OF A BOY

Hello Everyone! Welcome to Chattering Robin’s, the blog for The Robin’s Nest.
I am so excited to share with you, my first design team project, in this month’s theme “All Boy”.
 
Perhaps it was coming off a beach vacation that drove my inspiration, that of a boy having many adventures through the summer, perhaps keeping record through a journal, and keeping little treasures found along his journey .
 
 
 
 
With the aid of my electric die cut machine, I created a journal, which actually is a secret box. In addition to the box, I also created a card further inspired by a boy’s journey. And with the superior quality papers and embellishments exclusively by The Robin’s Nest, brought it all together perfectly.
 

Hope you enjoy my project, and find inspiration. Now to the fun details.

 

Supply List

THE ROBIN’S NEST

Boy Star Glitter Cardstock                       

Golden Berry Dew Drops
Silver Bells Dew Drops
Baby Boy Dew Drops (Diamond Dew Drops used)
Baby Boy Tags (1 tag used)
Dew Dew Glue
Compass Chipboard
 
 
Additional Supplies Used
Solid Color 80# Cardstock
Glue (Tombow)
Distress Ink & Spray (Tim Holtz)
Gesso & Glitter Mist (Deco Art Media)
Ribbon
Newsprint Tissue Paper
 
 
Using my electric die cut machine, I used heavy cardstock to cut the book/box design. I them used glue to glue the components together. Using the remaining cardstock as a stencil, I then traced out the “faux” pages on the tissue paper, and adhered to the side, top & bottom, to give the appearance of pages.
 I attached the cut ribbon on both the front and back of the book/box by stapler. I then glued Boy Star Glitter Cardstock on the front, back, and side, distressing the edges with scissors and then further with distress ink, to give the appearance of leather, and completing the book/box.
 
I further embellished the “cover” of the book, with the Chipboard Compass, after giving it a patina look, then adding Dew Drops to finish the cover. On the inside of the cover, I used a vellum quote from my personal stash. 
 
 
For the card, I used heavy 80# scalloped cardstock, using the newspaper tissue as the base, followed by a coordinating brown to the Boy Star Glitter Cardstock, and a striped blue paper. The finishing touches, was the Baby Boy Tag with the cut out word “JOURNEY”, in addition to selections from the Golden Berry Dew Drops.
 
 
 
 
Thank you for joining us here in Chattering Robin’s, be sure to view other projects here by the talented Robin’s Nest design team, past & present.
 
And for unique and superior paper crafting products & embellishments, visit
The Robin’s Nest Online Store at http://www.shop.robinsnest-scrap.net/
 
 






 

9 comments:

Robin Horasanian said...

I like the nautical theme. Very nice!

Colleen said...

This is just wonderful, love it.

Karen said...

Love the vintage feel. Great project!

Charity said...

Wonderfil project, especially that compass rose!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute! I love your colors!

Joanna Solecka said...

amazing set!!!

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

Really love this Michelle! It is just beautiful!

Angela Tombari said...

Great Michelle! I love it!

Tracy F. said...

Beautiful projects!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...