Thursday, July 14, 2016

Altered Embroidery Hoop

Charity here from Scrappin' Chaos.
Today I bring you an altered Embroidery Hoop that is all about boys!
I knew what I wanted to do as soon as I saw that adorable
 racoon rub-on and the glitter pine tree paper.
~ My Boy ~
Before beginning the project loosen the screw and separate the center hoop from the outer hoop.
Step 1: Cut circle for base paper that will fit center hoop exactly, and ink the edges.
Also ink the edges of outer hoop and leave to dry.
  Step 2: Add Rub On's and a partial circle of paper in a contrasting color.
 Step 3: Glue circle to center hoop. 
Add a ring of hot glue on the inside to strengthen bond.
 Step 4: Assemble Charms
For mine I used a bicycle, a circle of paper with a rub-on and dew drop, and a clippie with three dew drops. I strung them with twine and draped the twine over the tightening screw.
Step 5: Reassemble hoops, add dew drops to outer hoop.
These paper collections meld seamlessly and are perfect for any forest adventure theme!
Supplies:

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to scour your local thrift store for embroidery hoops. 
These decorative wall hangings look amazing in sets of three!!!

Scrap On

~charity~

6 comments:

Karen said...

Love your altered embroidery hoop! great idea!

Colleen said...

What a great idea. Think how cute this would be for a shower gift.

Angela Tombari said...

So cute Charity, I love it!

Tracy F. said...

What a great idea! This is so cute and creative!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

So so so cute!! Great idea!!

Michelle Wells said...

Totally LOVE this! I have a smaller embroidery hoop in my stash, I really love the concept here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...