Friday, June 24, 2016

Mini Pallet / Clothes Pin Banner - Good Day Sunshine!

I am OBSESSED with altering everyday items into something fun.  Items that most people throw away, I spirit away into my stash - waiting for inspiration to hit.

Such is the case with this week's project!  There is a vendor from work that gives sticky note pads attached to little tiny pallets - - I used to throw the wood pallet base away when I was finished with the sticky notes (I know so many of you are screaming in protest right now!)
But I recently thought - hey, I can make something with that!

Thus, my mini pallet / clothes pin banner!
And please note, you can purchase little pallets online through many outlets!

The flip side of the Green Butterflies Cardstock is a terrific tie-dye inspired pattern, that inspired my banner phrase "Good Day Sunshine"





Let's gather up our supplies!

Mini Wood pallets (available through Etsy)
Canvas Corp Braided Rope
Clothes Pins
Chipboard Alpha


And let's get this done!

Trim Green Butterflies Cardstock to match your pallet 
Ink edges of cardstock (I used a deep purple)
Attach inked cardstock to strips of mini pallet
Using chipboard or other alphas, adhere your phrase (I am currently loving GOLD lettering)
highlight pallets with Dew Drops
String braided rope throughout pallets and attach clothes pins in between pallets
Using a die cut machine or punch, create your desired glittered cardstock shape and attach to pallets and clothes pins as desired.

Such a fun, easy project -- but oh-so-cute for a summer party! 

Have a creative day!

Shelly



10 comments:

Colleen said...

Cute idea.

LisaM said...

Super cute banner!

JAVAGIRL said...

So clever... I just got one of those for my desk. I always forget to add it. Lol... creative you are!

JAVAGIRL said...

So clever... I just got one of those for my desk. I always forget to add it. Lol... creative you are!

Scrapenabler said...

Super cute! You are so creative.

Scrapenabler said...

Super cute! You are so creative.

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very cute!! Fabulous idea!

Phillis Walrath said...

these are adorable!

Charity said...

Delightful banner!

Carole Wright said...

Hi fabulous idea x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...