Friday, June 24, 2016

Have a "Barking" Mad Birthday

Colleen here with a quick and easy birthday card and gift holder.






I started with Black Animal Thermal Cardstock as the background for the card.  I next used Black and White Glitter Paws Cardstock to layer on top.  I used my Sizzix die to cut out the dog for the front.


I added 3 stripes of black ribbon to the top and the Happy Birthday phrase and the card is complete.

What little boy or girl wouldn't like the little gift holder to go along with their card.  This is another quick and easy project for you.

You can use any paper but I wanted my gift holder to match the card so I used the Black and White Glitter Paws Cardstock.

You cut a piece of the cardstock cut 5 3/4" long by 3" wide.  Fold the paper in half and then fold each side inward.  Punch two holes in each end.  It should look like this


Now you can decorate the front.  I used Silver Bells Dew Drops for the eyes and chain around his neck and then used the punched out circles to put in the center of the black of the eyes.  I cut out paper shapes for the nose, tongue and a small heart punch for his tag.  The ears are also made using a punch and the tail in the back is a letter "J".  


The final step is to put the ribbon through the four holes, fill it with whatever you like and then tie the ribbon shut.

A matching gift and card done in less than an hour.  I hope you will give this a try and have fun.




6 comments:

LisaM said...

Super cute projects, Colleen!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

These are so fun!! Great job!

Karen said...

Sweet project! Love the gift box!

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

This is so seriously cute & fun and inspired!!

Absolutely love both the card & gift box!

Charity said...

Super projects, the dog theme goes over well at our house.

Carole Wright said...

So cute, love this project x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...