I wanted to do a project using lots and lots of Dew Drops. Usually, I use them as random accents or for the center of flowers. I want the Dew Drops to be the main attraction and star of the show. I noticed that I had been solely focused on the round Dew Drops and hadn't given the Diamond Dew Drop its fair appearance in my projects. When I realized how many colors they come in, I knew I had to make a rainbow of beautiful Diamond Dew Drops.
Robin's Nest Supplies: Fall Gems Diamond Dew Drops, Old Glory Diamond Dew Drops, Precious Boy Diamond Dew Drops, Dew Dew Glue
Other Supplies: white cardstock, Argyle Border Stamp -N156 (Stampendous), Archival Black Ink (Ranger), VersaMark Ink (Tsukineko), Black Embossing Powder (Stampendous), Heat Gun (Ranger), Celebrate Stamp -Wonderful Words Set (Stampin Up), card base (4v8.25"), 3D foam pads
1. Stamp the argyle design using black ink. Carefully continue stamping the pattern until you have filled the paper. Trim the page to fit the card base leaving a thin border around the edge.
2. Use VersaMark Ink to stamp 5 extra images and then heat emboss with black embossing powder. Cut out the designs and attach them to the stamped background paper using 3D foam pads.
3. Stamp a sentiment onto white cardstock using black ink. Next, trim along the top of the word following the curve of the letters but leave the bottom edge straight. Attach the sentiment to the lower left corner of the stamped background.
4. Arrange the Diamond Dew Drops into an appealing placement by incorporating them into the background design. I selected a full rainbow of Diamond Dew Drops in every color and applied them in a random scattering without aiming to make a perfect uniform pattern.
5. Finally, adhere the Diamond Dew Drops into position and attach the embellished stamped design onto the card base.
TIP: If you don't have the right color Diamond Dew Drop, you can use a permanent marker pen to color them. Doing this will intensify the color so you can get a variety of shades within the same color. It works best to color the lighter Diamond Dew Drops such as the transparent baby blue and blush pink. The white opaque Diamond Dew Drop is the most suitable for coloring.
A Closer Look:
To purchase the supplies for this card, please visit The Robin's Nest.
For more beautiful paper-craft projects from the Design Team, be sure to visit us at The Chattering Robin's Blog
To learn more about our designer Karen, take a peek at her blog, Art & Soul
Thanks for visiting!