Thursday, April 7, 2016

Shoveling

Hey Robin's Nest fans!
Lisa here to share a layout I created using some of the Winter collection.
There is a funny story behind this photo of my kids. My kids are at the age, where they don't like their photo taken. This is not good, since I am a scrapbooker.

We were out shoveling snow and I asked if I could take a few pics of them. My son- he is the worst when it comes to pictures, said he would let me take a few if I put my face in snow. This was after we had a snowball fight and I lost! LOL! Needless to say, I got a cold face and the photos I wanted!

I used the Snow Covered Trees Cardstock for my background. I tore a few pieces of the Winter Deer Glitter Cardstock and added them to the top and bottom of my page.

 
I fussy cut 3 of the snowflakes from the Irredescent Snow Glitter Vellum and added them to my page. Under my photo, I layered the back side of the Snow Covered Trees Cardstock, tearing the bottom of it, the back side of Saffron Sunrise Cardstock and the Winter Deer Glitter Cardstock.

 
I used a tag from the Winter Sticker sheet, cut it in half and added the bottom half to the lower right side of my photo. The top half I placed on the left side of my photo. I fussy cut the journaling box from the Blue Glitter Journal sheet.

 
The kids on the sled are from the Snow Rub-ons. I applied it to white cardstock and fussy cut it out  so that I raise it up with pop dots to add more dimension. I do this a lot with rub-ons and stickers.

 
I added my title using Blue Alpha Glitter Stickers and stitched them with my sewing machine. Here you can see one of the vellum snow flakes.

 
Lastly I added some of the pretty Blue Glitter Snowflakes

 
Sticking my face in the snow was worth every second after seeing this photo and the beautiful layout I created with it. Some day, I will be able to tell my grandkids that their dad was a bully! LOL!
 
I hope you have a wonderful day!
 
Lisa

6 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

I love the hues of blues! Beautiful layout!

Colleen LoVette said...

It turned out great and I love the story.

Karen said...

It is just the perfect winter page. Great design!

Carole Wright said...

Hi love this its stunning x

Life in colors said...

Wonderful page, love those papers !!

Terri Koszler said...

A lovely page, you can really feel the moment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...