Friday, April 22, 2016

It's all about the flowers and sparkle

Colleen here with a fun card.  I haven't decided how I am going to use it, might be birthday or wedding shower or just missing you card, so I didn't add a sentiment.


 This is the card laying flat


This is how the card looks standing up.


You start with an 5 1/2 " x 11 1/4 " piece of paper.  I used the gorgeous Water Color Plum double sided paper.  Once you get it cut then you need to fold into 4 equal pieces, roughly  2 3/4" each.  I had a die that I used to cut out the bottom of the card.  This is the shape and you could cut this out and use it on your card or use one of your own dies to cut out the bottom.




Then I cut two pieces of Plum Purple Glitter Chipboard and two pieces of Wedding Cut Outs cardstock and made all 4 pieces smaller to fit into each of the 4 sides.  I wanted some of the plum showing.

On the two pieces of the Wedding Cut Outs cardstock, I stitched around the edges with my sewing machine.  I used a MS punch on some white cardstock and added that behind the Plum Purple Glitter cardstock.


This is the first page of the card and I used the same MS punch and added it to the top and bottom of this page.  I then used some of my dies and a punch to make the flowers, added some yarn and the first page is done.  I added some grape seeds archival seeds to the center of the flowers.


 For the largest flower, you need to cut 7 circles, I used a 1" punch, the bigger the punch the bigger your flower will be.  You will fold 6 circles like this and when you are done, ink around the edges and use the 7th circle to glue the 6 down, making sure all the points are in the center.



I used a die for the flower behind the little Saffron card.  I also added a Cotton Candy Dew Drops at the bottom of each page.

For the 3rd page, I added some of the left over Plum Glitter cardstock along the top and bottom and added Cotton Candy Dew Drops on top of that.  



I used a Fashion Cameo manufactured by Gina's Design.  I used paint on the cameo and added some yarn around the edge.


The last page of the card was made by using a die for the shoe and flower.  I put stickles on the Cotton Candy Dew Drops and added clear stickles onto the shoe.

This is what the card looks like all closed up.

Thank you for your time and I hope you will give this card a try.

Colleen--http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/






6 comments:

LisaM said...

Wow! Gorgeous card Colleen! Love it!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Great details!! They are everywhere! I love it!!

Monia Fiocchi said...

beautiful!! Especially detailed!!!!

Carole Wright said...

Hi this is georgeous, such a lot of work, well worth it x

Terri Koszler said...

Beautiful work

Bev Code said...

amazing colours, great design and awesome project

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...